Friday, September 14, 2007

Update

I had mentioned in my last post, due to severe vision problems, I will not be able to actively participate in my blog for approximately one more week and I wanted to take a moment to explain what is going on.

During the last year, I was affected with glaucoma, which quickly baffled my eye physicians by not responding to any form of non-evasive treatment. The normal range of eye pressure runs anywhere from eight (8) to twelve (12), unfortunately the range of pressures I was experiencing was in the high forty (40) to the high fifty (50) ranges.

The major side affect of pressures of this high of a range is severe, irreversible damage to the optic nerves within the eyes, which is exactly what happened in my case. At the time of my initial diagnoses, my vision was correctable to normal ranges with glasses. Within six months of my diagnoses,I had lost forever, approximately fifty (50) to sixty (60) percent of my vision.

My eye physician's were actively waging a battle for my eyesight; however, it soon became evident that the standard courses of medication and laser surgeries were not accomplishing anything for me. At that point, I underwent the full glaucoma surgery a Glaucoma Filtration Procedure (Trabeculectomy), where a passageway was surgically created in the upper region of my eyes that allowed excessive fluid and subsequent pressures to escape.

That procedure was a success, but as luck may have it, I was soon hit with cataracts, once again severely limiting my vision. This will be corrected soon and hopefully I will once more be able to do the things that I care about. Until then, blogging is far too difficult. I will return soon.

Thanks,

Ranter

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh goody. I am glad you will be back soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Luv, Mamabear

Anonymous said...

haven't forgot about you Ranter.

Still here.

Unknown said...

Hi! This is one hell of a blog! Could we exchange links?

My blog is - Infinitely CRAZY

Please do leave me a comment after linking to me(if you agree to the exchange, of course)

Thanks!
:)

Wild Bill said...

Aint you been ON VACATION long enuff yet ??

Just missin you..

Anonymous said...

This is my first post I'd love to thank you for such a terrific quality site!
Just thought this is a nice way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Edwyn Sammy
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/baseball-party-supplies.html]baseball Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
Just thought this is a perfect way to introduce myself!
The only right way compile revenue it is usually a wise conclusion to begin a savings or investing game plan as early in life as possible. But don't fear if you have not began saving your money until later on in life. As a result of hard work, that is looking up on the best investment vehicles for your capital you can slowly but surely increase your riches so that it adds up to a big amount by the time you want to retire. Scout out all of the achievable asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A researched and diversified portfolio of investments in various asset classes will make your money increase through the years.

-Kelly Figura
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency exchange rates[/url]