Monday, October 08, 2007

Who is on first?

During my time that I just spent in never land, cloistered from television images and newsprint I kept hearing discussion of what would become of the nuclear weapons in Pakistan if President Musharraf lost everything to al Qaeda.

Of course, the logical answer to that is absolute terror within the free world as well as those that are not. If that were truly the case, that al Qaeda assumed control of weapons of mass destruction, Pakistan probably would not exists for more than twenty minutes before one of the nuclear powers dropped a multi megaton warhead on top of them to put an end the question.

Israel, for example, there is no way on this green Earth that they would permit this to occur. The state of Israel has the resources to put an end to the question and would be completely justified in using them.

The media loves to portray Pakistan standing side by side with America, fighting terrorism and bringing the good old red white and blue to the rest of the world, makes for good press, however, it is a total lie.

Pakistan only fights those along their border that they have a problem with. After all, why else would bin Laden be living there and building bigger and better forces. If we are fooled into thinking that Musharraf is America's pawn, we had better think again. He is only doing exactly what he is forced to do, nothing more.

Personally, I have grown tired of all of things that go bump in the night that our government constantly tells us is waiting to drop the big one on top of our head. Perhaps the think tanks and talking heads are correct and we are fueling terrorism instead of putting the fires out.

It just may be time for us to sit back and take stock of the situation, instead of looking for terrorists hiding under the rug all of the time. Then again, it may be time to build that bomb shelter, only time will tell.

4 comments:

Wild Bill said...

What a glorious day it is that you are back, my friend..

I'm afraid that I'm on the side of those that are gonna build the shelter.. In fact it starts this week if all goes well..

Pervez is livin on borrowed time !! Right now the only thang that could save him is a close alliance with India, and thats not gonna happen till PIGS FLY..

But I thank that if he gives up his position in the military, it will create a contest among the top brass that will cause a lot more pressure on the border region with The Stan and thats gonna mean a lot more instability and less places for Osama and Zawahiri to have safe haven..

But I dont know if you saw it or not, but G.W. gave a talk at a VFW gatherin and he said we were killin about 1500 dirtbags a week now.. Gonna be a long war to get the million of em or so out there, but whoever said it was gonna be quick and easy LIED !!

WELCOME BACK

The Old Ranter said...

Thank you bud,
It was a rough road. I agree, it will be more than pigs flying, perhaps flying over the moon.

I saw the GW talk. 1500, will be awhile.

I hope to hell that whomever gets into the White House does not become an idiot and pull everyone out. Just what we would need. It would have all been for nothing and we would end up doing it all again.

Thank bud, I have missed it. So many times I have heard something on the news that sent me into La la land and I could not write.

Ranter

Anonymous said...

Thank God yer back!!!!

Missed you!

Whenever I need some energy and frothing at the mouth and the edges of the brain I check you and Wild Bill.

Hope yer O.K.

The Old Ranter said...

Thanks Mama bear, Guess old Bill and I need to froth a bit. Smile

Ranter