Tuesday, January 09, 2007

I'm Back - I Hope.

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I can state with all sincerity that I have invested more recovery time on my eye than any other medical problem I have ever encountered. Today, my day of awakening, so to speak, is my first day without the eye being dilated from eye drops. Of course, the medical concept behind that was to allow the eye to remain in a relaxed state to allow healing.

My vision is not totally clear, a bit out of focus and a tad blurry, but I was informed that was to be expected. The Doctor also told me yesterday that I will have a vision change requiring stronger glasses, oh lucky me, I get to spend another three hundred dollars on something that I presently own three pairs of. Oh well, a small price to pay for not losing my vision in a few months, as would have occurred without the surgery.

I recommend the surgery to anyone presently diagnosed with glaucoma and did not have much success with the laser surgery, which usually precedes the total enchilada. The operation it self was not that difficult, of course, they had my mind off on another planet somewhere with all of the medication they were pumping in my IV, so to be quite honest, I do not remember that much about it.

The recovery is a bit lengthy, close to thirty days for me, but I am sure due to me breaking a stitch, (Yes, they stitched up my eye) and the Doctor putting another one in the eye during an office visit that I extended the recovery by an additional week or so.

Hopefully I can return to our normal state of insanity and hear from all my friends once more.

Thank you for all the email, words of encouragement and thoughts. It was very appreciated.

Ranter

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the whole "enchilada"

Aging is not for the faint of heart, no?

Glad yer almost back.

Looks like soon you will have lots to rant about. Stoke the fires...

Anonymous said...

Hope you continue to heal all up!
No more stitch-popping, ok!!

The Old Ranter said...

Mamabear, No one ever showed us how to grow old. Smile

The Old Ranter said...

Thanks, Yankeemom, that was an experience I will not forget.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME to have you back around, brother. I've sure missed your posts and emails. Shoot me an email and I'll fill you in on what has been going on with me in the last month.