Thursday, January 04, 2007

Media go bye-bye

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter
I am still recuperating, vision is still quite blurry and although writing is difficult, with a bit of trial and error, it is possible. A few days ago, I put together a few thoughts on the passing of President Ford and decided it had been so time consuming that I would hold off for a while, unless something made me scream from the rafters, then I would blog.

I was having a happy evening. I had just completed copying my collection of photos of family, friends, loved ones. Happiness, fond memories and days gone by, all rolled up into 100Mb of storage, bits and bytes of laughter, love and joy. The Grinch himself would have shed a tear of longing for days, long faded into the fabric of time, Fresh in my mind as it was last night, but resting on the plane of my past.

All in all, after all I have been going through with my eyes, I found myself contented, happy and for the first time in awhile, relaxed, then I ruined it all by trying to catch up on the news.

It began harmless enough, a vast amount of memories fresh in my mind, reading glasses seated on the tip of my nose, magnifying glass in hand, eye straining to the max, itching, burning, the warrior spirit of my Irish ancestors pushing me onward, then I made the mistake of going to Google News, it was all downhill from then on.

I came upon the below headline, happy thoughts all gone, bye-bye, woe is me.

Spears falls asleep in Las Vegas nightclub

I have found something to scream loudly from the highest rafter, in fact, this totally disturbs me.

I should point out that this article was the number three headline, not something situated in the, "who the hell cares" section, but the third one down!. I am now 100% convinced the entire country has lost its sanity, or has some form of sick fixation with Britney, her past marriage, what she is doing, wearing, not wearing, going, coming from and now, SLEEPING! God forbid she may fart in public. It will be breaking news on all the channels, sirens blaring, translation windows for the hearing impaired, "BRITNEY FARTED TONIGHT, IT WAS LOUD, WE HAVE THE AUDIO, STORY AT TEN!" screaming from every channel. Someone please take me away to an island, where I can live happily amongst trees, quicksand and insects, without news of Britney!

The military death toll hit 3000 in Iraq a few days ago, THAT is headline worthy, not Ms. "I am totally shaved, look at me, I am so hot" sleeping in a club!!!! The sad commentary to this, by the time everyone gets a chance to read this, the news will have changed to her passing out, a drunken stupor, a drug overdose, diarrhea attacks, something, mark my words, it will change, go on, a life of its own.

I have given a tremendous amount of thought to this, my conclusion is simple, the media must be bored with politics, wars and the inhumanity of people everywhere.

3 comments:

Wild Bill said...

The Liberal Media's Agenda is in turmoil right now.. Nothin seems to be goin thier way anymore.. Politics especially !!

They have been wagin a deadly battle for many years, and now we see their circulation, stocks, and net value plummet !!

They have staked everything they had on pushin and drivin their agenda down our throats only to see all their ambitions go up in smoke..

All that the (D)s promised em they would do is now bein recanted.. The War in Iraq aint goin to go to hell in a handbasket the way they dictated it to.. The only thang they have left to destroy of America, that may still be attainable, is it's MORAL Compass !!

DEPRAVITY MUST REIGN !! The more debauchery they can display and promote, the better.. This aint all of it tho, but I thank I better just keep my bigoted and racist thoughts to my own realm for the time bein !!

Anonymous said...

Media go bye-bye is an EXCELLENT THOUGHT.

They always hold us captive at the supermarket...and we are all but forced to look at who is too skinny, too hot, 5# over, blah..blah..blah

Most of the "stars" are so out of touch with the real world..it's all hype

NON-reality.

The Old Ranter said...

Good word Wild Bill, the media has no idea what to do now.Perhaps their "circle of life" is near and everything is all internet now. Perhaps, we, all of us bloggers will be the new voice of the people. HA, give us protection as the media has then we can look that way.

Ranter