Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Still Kicking

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

Greetings,

I wanted to take a brief moment to update all on my surgery. It went well, more painful than I expected, but worth it. I am only at about ten percent vision for another week or so. This is due to the trauma of the surgery and the drops which dialiate the eyes. Unfortunately, I will be out of the loop until the vision is up to par.

The lack of vision is a very humbling experience and one must learn to have family members do things for them that we normally take for granted watching the news, reading it and other things, which have become a part of our normal routine, is another learning experience as well. Overall, I have gained a greater respect for the blessing of vision we all take for granted every day of our lives.

For example, I am using powerful reading glasses and a magnifying glass to kick this small post out and although difficult, it is worth it. Another thing we all take for granted is e-mail. I was upset that those I normally exchange words with on a daily basis was now history. Then I came upon the idea of them using a larger font, an 18 or 20 point and it is still difficult, but not impossible to read.

I will hopefully be back in the saddle shortly, until then I want to say thank you for the kind thoughts and words of encouragement.

Ranter

5 comments:

Wild Bill said...

Glad to hear that everythang is goin as planned..

Merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

Ranter,

Glad to see you're recovering. I hope it is a speedy one.

Anonymous said...

Ranter! So glad yer back. Now please please take the Dr. advice and stay down for a bit. No need to rush if complete healing is yer goal. Most likely a better outcome if you relax and take it slow....we ain't goin anywhere.

May you and yer family have the best Christmas ever. Sounds like you have found the true value of Christmas in yer journey. So glad yer ok.

E will be back for Christmas for a week or so. Life is good.

The Old Ranter said...

Thank you all, and I wish a wonderful and Merry Christmas to all.
Ranter

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the surgery went well! Wishing a very Merry Christmas, ranter!!