Sunday, February 12, 2006

The misinformed of today.

I don’t believe people can be so gullible, misinformed and out of touch with reality. What has happened to the informed people of today? I know a few individuals who constantly copy me on items regarding George W. Bush and the Iraq war with information that has neither truth nor validity. Not only untruthful items, but also downright contrived, made-up, wrong information about something they know nothing about.

Daily they pass out photocopied letters regarding the unjust, unlawful acts of the President, untruthful statements regarding the lead–up to and present condition of the war in Iraq and on terrorism. And where do they come up with these lies they display and email to anyone and everyone they see, know or have ever met?  They get them from the net or other misinformed, misguided individuals who think they are actually making a difference.

I know one un-named individual who returned from a Doctor’s appointment proudly displaying a copy of an e-mail the Doctor had received and besides dispensing medical advise had now taken it upon himself to pass out to each and every misguided patient who walked into his office. The individual was holding the letter in their hand as if they had just been given the Holy Grail and had decided to share it with anyone that came in contact with them. At first I totally ignored the copy being waved in front of my face, but soon had no choice in the matter as the individual and their friend who had accompanied them to the Doctor began telling me how many unlawful acts the President had managed to do in the war on terrorism. Reluctantly I read the letter. What a massive amount of bovine excrement it was too. It told a story of a man bent on power, of course they way it was written it would lead one to think it was the President right after 9/11. It ended with saying it was Hitler, Stalin, and a few other warmongers from history and segueing to point out the similarities to the President.

I just sat there looking at them. They began telling me the illegal things being done in Washington, from the war to the President being secretly investigated for his ties to Ussama Bin Ladden. I gave the letter back to them and walked away. Why, because there was no possible way I could have convinced them otherwise. They knew it all, had all the knowledge and answers and their quest was to inform the world. The only good thing was to my knowledge, neither of these individuals had ever voted in any election in their lives. Thank the heavens for that too.

What has happened to people today? I think a lot of them need to go back to school.

No comments: