Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Support our Troops

If I read, see, or listen to one more anti-military, anti-troops comment I am going to go crazy. Between Cindy Sheehan’s, ranting and raving, Fred Phelps, who in truth doesn’t just hate the military, he hates everyone with equal passion, just ask him, and the misguided media, I am on system overload, ready to try a mental system delete with as much Guniess as I can find.

Now I am subjected to one of my friends who think the NSA has a satellite following his every move, a spy behind every tree watching him, because Bush ordered it and is joining the anti-war movement. Thank God, we sure as hell don’t want him on our side. I am now inundated with e-mails discussing the conspiracy that Bush is a best friend of Bin Laden, is behind a secret oil for profit deal and who knows what else. Thank you Thunderbird for those wonderful spam filters. No more, all gone. Let the folks at AOL deal with it. That is where each of them originated. In fact I am to the point that I know that before I even look at the header.

I’m a vet, a Vet from the Viet Nam era and I should be used to it by now. The eggs, tomatoes I often write about were a part of my life back then. Put on a uniform; leave the base and INCOMING, never failed. To think I left the safety of rice paddies, tracers, mortars, and rounds popping past my head to enter the world of eggs and tomatoes. The only good thing about the previous place was I could shoot back. If I had done that in the states I would have been doing hard time pounding rocks. The thought entered my mind on many occasion, but common sense and not having access to a weapon got the better of me. I always thought there was a reason they only issued us weapons for war and not to carry around all of the time. Now I know why.

One of our rights, as an American citizen is the ability to disagree with the powers that be. As one of those citizens I have exercised that right many times. Through it all I have and always will be behind our troops 100%. It has nothing to do with the bond, the band of brothers they write about. In truth, that only pertains to those you have fought with, trusted, been there and came back with. It is simply the fact that they are professionals doing a job. They have no control over where that job may lead them. They can’t jump on an airplane and attack whoever they feel like. They are following orders to the best of their ability.

Here is another comment. President Bush is not really a bad President and the government really did not have much to do with Katrina nor the devastation in New Orleans. They are not the first responders and never, not once did they tell anyone to run into the stadium for shelter. That was the worst case of a state and city abandoning its people there ever has been. They never once thought of food, water, law enforcement, and medical treatment. Want to blame someone? Blame the Mayor, Governor and powers that be in New Orleans. That’s where it should be.

Support our troops. They are supporting you.

No comments: