Sunday, August 12, 2007

Wild Bill’s bad day

After I posted about the story, I found on Michael's blog I remembered I wanted to touch base on the bad day our brother in arms Wild Bill had yesterday.

Click here for Redneck Central and the poetic ramblings of brother Wild Bill.

This time of the year, our days and nights are comprised of thunderstorms and power outages. Of course, being the self sufficient smart technology guy that I am I have a battery backup, surge protector, UPS.

It has my multiple processor, power hungry computer, 19 inch flat screen monitor, cable modem, router and a laptop plugged into it and has served me well during our may power outages.

That is until a few days ago, I was on my computer and heard the thunder exploding overhead and due to my trusty UPS thought nothing of it. Of course, as luck tends to go, the warranty has recently expired on my UPS and without warning, it decided not to recharge any longer. As I quickly discovered when the power went out and my computer and everything else died along with it.

Suffice to say, it is now serving as a surge protector only until I get to the electronic store and pick up a replacement for it.

I thought of this while reading through the gosh awful day that Wild Bill was rambling about and my heart went out to him. Brother Wild Bill, keep the faith and your powder dry, a better day is coming.

4 comments:

Wild Bill said...

I feel kinda ashamed that I let that little stuff get under my skin yesterday.. I have days a lot worse than that and I know other folks do to, but, for some reason I just decided to share that with everybody..

Friday I was overlayin the cracks in the bed of my trailer with 3/4 inch plywood and tackin it down with 3 inch drywall screws and managed to drill a hole to the bone in my left index finger.. That didnt even draw a grumble..

I meant my bad day post kinda like that song they used to sang on Hee Haw bout "gloom, despair, and agony on me" !!

I kinda thank you can relate to what I'm sayin about it, bein, that it aint really how bad we have it, cause actually we have it pretty damn good compared to others we probably both could name, but its how we deal with it !!

We dont line up other people and point fingers at em and blame THEM for our misfortunes but we take the cards we are dealt and live the life we are givin and make the best of it..

We are examples to a lot of other folks, and good examples we are !!

WE DONT GIVE UP !!

So, shine on, Mr. Ranter, I'm real proud of you..

The Old Ranter said...

Thanks Wild Bill, I knew that you just wanted to vent, hey, it does a body good.

Take care brother

Michael said...

and managed to drill a hole to the bone in my left index finger

That would have drawn a grumble from me...

Unknown said...

tory burch outlet, louboutin shoes, kate spade outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, ralph lauren pas cher, replica watches, nike outlet, tiffany jewelry, louboutin pas cher, longchamp, prada outlet, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, nike free, nike air max, longchamp outlet, air jordan pas cher, longchamp pas cher, gucci outlet, christian louboutin outlet, sac longchamp, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, oakley sunglasses, air max, oakley sunglasses, nike air max, longchamp outlet, replica watches, nike roshe run, nike free, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, chanel handbags, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin outlet, michael kors, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, burberry, ugg boots, ugg boots