Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Update on my eyes.

I want to make a brief announcement regarding my on-going battle with glaucoma, the past week has found me constantly meeting with Physicians and I will be undergoing a brief laser procedure today with hopes of possible increasing my eyesight. These past two weeks have been difficult for me, my eyesight has been extremely limited and a plethora of constantly changing eye drops has not helped much. There has been days where typing was near impossible, but my love of blogging and making snide comments kept me going with my eyes two inches from the screen.

Today, they will be using a laser to put a small hole in my eye, relieving drainage, which in turn will possible reduce the pressure within one eye. If successful, it will be repeated on the other eye.

When this is all over and hopefully my full or partial vision restored I plan to spend an entire blog or two on this very subject. I feel the public should be informed on the accomplishments medical science has made in the field. I am optimistic and we will see what the future holds of this old warhorse.

It may be a few days before I update again. I will advise.
Thank You
Ranter

No comments: