Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Entertainment is Dead

I normally avoid the academy awards, watching anything else instead; I don’t care if it is counting onions, but no academy awards. The “beautiful people” show can go on quite well without my added two and a half hours of boredom. I simply don’t like watching all the strutting and thanking for awards we could care nothing about. Here is a suggestion, take out all of the best this and that, the musical numbers that they either destroy or change the words to and the monologue that ranks right up there with watching corn grow and they would have a show. Cut it down to best supporting, best actor, and actress and best picture. Gee, that would take what? All of 15 minutes and it’s done. Hey, I need to send that in as a suggestion!

Here is more to the song issue,  "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp" being nominated was a big step, but they censored, ok changed words. If they have finally awakened to the fact that there is life beyond diamond body rubs and mocha enemas then they need to tell it like it is. I will amend my 15 minutes; let’s add the red carpet opening at least, missing Jessica Alba and Jennifer Garner would ruin my day. Ruin it? Damn I would die! Okay, back on subject, if there is one.

In my opinion Hollywood and the television industry can no longer create original pieces of entertainment. We are over loaded with reality shows on the television scene and remakes of old movies and Marvel cartoon characters in the theaters. Now I enjoy watching Wolverine kick ass, I really do, but Scooby-Doo? Freddie Prinze and his vampire slaying babe, Sarah Michelle Gellar should be forced to write 100 times they will never make another one. One more thing on Sarah Michelle Gellar, she leaves a successful show, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, so she can focus her attention to making films that count. Besides Scooby-Doo and one that was a Buffy rip-off, I am at a blank. Between comic characters and remakes of the oldies I am going nuts for entertainment. I imagine they are trying to figure out who will replace Bogart in the Maltese Falcon now that Harrison Ford is getting older. HOLLYWOOD PLEASE READ A FEW BOOKS!

I see they are going to begin filming “The Da Vinci Code” soon, that is if it ever gets out of court. That always amazes me too. Why is it every time a successful novel is published people crawl out from the woodwork to get a piece of it? Songs too. Let a song become a sensation and there will be people standing in line at their lawyers. Come on people, get a life, not sue for one.

I just want to be entertained. That’s not asking for too much.

No comments: