Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Fond Memories

My mornings are normally spent consuming mass quantities of coffee while surfing through various morning news sites, all the while the television has my news selection of the moment emanating from the speakers. My prowess in current events is legend among my nephews.

World and American history is something else I have found mentally challenging, since elementary school. I have a compelling interest in the historical actions of nations and their leaders in defining the future course of their lives. My nephews discovered these undocumented features of their uncle and created their own homework research department.

My nephews were systematically searching through the entire house yesterday. Professionally and methodically moving room to room in what appeared to be a predetermined search grid.

Observing them search the house in a professional manner that would have intimidated the FBI was impressive, but I knew what they were searching for, “Scarlett Johansson, what a beautiful, sexy woman,” I said aloud. My nephews looked at one another and said, “He knows about women too.”

The look of admiration on their faces quickly altered the humor of the situation becoming a moment I wanted to grasp and hang onto for a while.

I will always maintain fond recollections of the three of us sharing an enjoyable evening together.

No comments: