Sunday, July 30, 2006

The beautiful people cry too

Why is it that we feel the personal lives of celebrities must be first and foremost in our minds? A question for the ages, I would assume, and one that will never be answered as we search for all of the personal tidbits we can find about our celebrities.

Daily I see headlines pertaining to Hollywood’s beautiful people intermingled with that of world and breaking news. I have often asked myself what this strange hold is that the lives of people we see in the moves has on us and I have yet to figure it out. Even now as I read the latest personal damming news of Mad Max Mel, his fall off the wagon and his walk among the hate of the world as he spewed anti-Semitic trash at the deputy. I happily search for the next link I can find on this tragic turn of events and then it hits me that I am doing the same act that I often question.

I can only assume that it is a feeling within us that seeing the beautiful people fall from grass validates our purpose, that yes, they are only human too and they have the same problems as we mortal humans. They may make more money in one film that we lower mortals will ever see, but they have the same fallacies as we and they can shed the same tears. It is that validation of humanity that keeps us searching for the latest trash headlines of the rich and famous.

As for Mel Gibson, I can understand his problems, his personal demons are similar as most of our own, as far as his anti-Semitic personal tirade he tossed out, well, most of us mere humans have been in that alcoholic stage once or twice and said things that just spewed forth without thought.

His actions, they really do not offend me, what does offend me is the fact the police report that was supposed to be locked in the watch commander’s safe was on the net the next morning. Apparently an employee of the department wanted to get even or make a few bucks, perhaps the female employee Mad Mel referred to as “Sugar T**s wanted to show him a thing or two about being nice, who knows.

What I do know is violating the personal life of anyone is where I draw the line in the sand and that line must be drawn by our legislators enacting laws with teeth to stop it. This line in the sand must be drawn soon or anything of a personal nature will be public Doman.

The Ranter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

exquisite point, ye 'ol ranter

xxoo-
desertwoman28