Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I am Disgusted

Al Qaeda has released gruesome footage of their slaying of the two soldiers last month in Iraq and has stated this was done in retaliation for the crimes that had been commented in Iraq. Who the hell made al Qaeda the judge, jury and executioner for the US Military and where does the media get the impression that America should not be outraged at this turn of events?

This morning I read every story that I could possible find, including anything on BBC and Arab affiliates, all the same coverage, different slant. I did not locate one article in the US media where the reporter was showing any outrage at this atrocity against human lives and the murders of two of our soldiers. This is exactly what this is too, murder, pure and simple, not a war death born out of two armies attacking one another on the field of battle, but the kidnapping and murder of two human beings, American human beings.

In the past, I have questioned the response in America to the murder of the three soldiers and specifically the desecration of the bodies of the two servicemen by the hands of the insurgents, now discovered to be yet again, al Qaeda. I have posed the same questions time and time again, where is the outrage at the murder of our soldiers? Where is the battle cry for revenge? Not within the publications or bylines of any media or reporter, that is for certain, and the coverage of this latest release by al Qaeda slants to this being an event that is not an outrage, but something that is justified. No, I did not read these exact words published by one American reporter, but the message is there, hidden in the lack of outrage and the lack of a call to arms.

I am sickened by this and it just leads to additional questions, which I am not going to ask at this time as the blog could take up a few thousand words. I am going to state that the media as well as various factors of our country has passed the line of common sense long ago. I am going to state that I am sure there are some factions within this country that will read this report and feel it is not only justified, but the lives reportedly taken by a few of our military in an act of vengeance are now justified by the murder of three soldiers totally unrelated to that incident. The individuals who reportedly were involved in that reported crime were arrested and pending trial for their actions. This is how we as Americans conduct lawful investigations and subsequent trials should cause be warranted, not by other groups we are at war with conducting their own executions.

As an American citizen, I want revenge for these murders. I want these participating al Qaeda members brought to justice or justice brought to them, either way. As an American citizen, I am outraged and infuriated by the murder and desecration of our soldiers and I am saddened by the lack of outrage within this country. I am sickened by the lack of outrage by our reporters and I am sickened by the events, as they are presently unfolding.

We as Americans must put a stop to these actions; we can do this by letter writing to the newspapers, magazines and television stations as well as a constant outcry of our disgust. We need to do something before it is too late, or perhaps we have already lost the cause on this, perhaps this is how America has become, perhaps it is far too late.

13 comments:

cary said...

Methinks it is time for a new Militia to be formed...

Anonymous said...

Ranter, there's a simple explanation for why the media doesn't express outrage in this story: they are journalists and it's against their journalistic integrity to interject such blatant emotions as rage into their stories. Remember, they're supposed to be unbiased in reporting.

Odd that they don't exercise the same restraint in judgement when discussing the alleged "atrocities" of our own soldiers!!

Bushwack said...

Americans being killed is swept up like garbage in the world because we are the worst nation in it.
Except when some piss ant country needs help with a disaster or gets invaded by another. then we are great. I say fuck them all. (Sorry) I'm a sick about this as you my friend.
If our soldiers did anything like this it would be all over every paper and TV station for months.
Hypocrits and worthless media.

Anonymous said...

This is a great post, Ranter. I've never wanted to write to a newspaper before but I think you may have just spurred me on. Thanks.

Wild Bill said...

I thank back to the FAKE reportin from the Superdome in Nawlins after Katrina.. Remember all the tears and ravin the reporters did when "Sugar Ray" Nagin wanted buses ??
Seems that they could muster all kinds of rage and emotions then !!
Kos started the trend of pooh-poohin the horrifc deaths of those in Iraq.. Remember when the contractors were burnt and hung from the bridge in Basra or somewhere, and what did Kos say ?? "FU** EM" !! And all the little KosKiddies said "YEAH, WHAT HE SAID" !!
You can go ahead and write your letters and make your phone calls, but like P.T. Barnum said, "theres one born every minute", but that dont stop me from humiliatin the stupid sunzabitches every chance I get !! And from my experience, that works better than anythang I've seen so far..

another quote:

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
Mary Anne Radmacher quotes

Anonymous said...

Cary---do you feel it? There is a low rumble I hear from the bottom up. do you not feel that we know we are not being protected by those who have pledged to do so? Unconsciously on a deep level we know we are out here alone and it is just a matter of time b4 we reach critical mass.

Me thinks, sooner---not later events will begin to spiral out of control and "everyman" will have no choice but to react.

Zero the weapons. We are locked and loaded here.

Today India. Tomorrow---guess who

Flag Gazer said...

PFC Thomas Tucker was from the area I live in. I attended the services for him. They were quite beautiful and full of the honor he so rightly deserved. But, as citizens, we also owe him the outrage that such a brutal murder deserves. Shame on those of you who do not feel that.

The Old Ranter said...

Wild Bill,
The media can muster many tears and cries of outrage everytime they feel they are confronted by a corrupt and wicked government, they do this because of Pulitzer's, Emmmy awards and promotion from within. But outrage which tends to back up our governments war only tends to make their mouths become robatic, reading the prompter.

I had respect once, but now that is gone.
Thanks
Ranter

The Old Ranter said...

Flag Gazer,
We own them a lot more, respect, prayers, our thanks and our screams of revenge, of bringing justice, of taking these guys out.

The media owes them becasue they died so idiots can disrespect them by avoiding issues and not calling on America. When JFK died they screamed coverup and felt it was Cuba or the Russians and wanted revenge.

They only want to back a left wing that disgusts me and makes me ashamed to acknowledge they are fellow Americans.
Ranter

Anonymous said...

You and I are on the same page, Ranter ~ What people don't say says more abut them than they seem to be aware of. As I posted on my blog yesterday:
"The enemy is anybody who’s going to get you killed, no matter which side he’s on.”
Joseph Heller Catch 22

Anonymous said...

Most Americans were and are angry but as I have stated on another blog, I will not give them that pleasure. I will not give into the terrorists. I think that it is horrible but that is what I expect from animals who do not consider life as precious, who as dirt under my feet.
So as for me, no matter what the media or anybody says or does not say...these soldiers, My American soldiers, Our American soldiers died with honor and dignity for their country. They cannot take that from American Soldiers or from these particular American soldiers. Doesn't matter what they did! They cannot and will not take away their great honor and their greatest sacrifice for our free America and behalf of the Iraqi people.

Anonymous said...

We can all (easily) RANT...about the Donkey and the Elephant...Red States, Blue States...the one consistent is so many Mistakes.

So what do we do? Join one with another to make an alliance of two. Add more and we can become four. If we choose to proceed, we can make a difference indeed.

But first one must plant the seed...so I invite you to join me at Make America PURPLE.

Anonymous said...

Ranter, speaking of countdowns I know you were waiting for the superman movie to come out---do we get a movie review? How was it, should I spend the $$$?