Friday, September 29, 2006

A bit of talk and words to Kilroy 60.....

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I have been giving a lot of thought to Kilroy 60 and darned if it did not give me a headache! As far as what McNamara did or did not do during Viet Nam, well my new friend, that is all available in hardcover and on the History and Military channel, all one has to do is read or watch to their hearts content.

Yep, you nailed it, the Viet Nam war was a bunch of crap and the only people that made a difference were the men and women that were in the red mud. Why is that you may ask, well we never lost a battle or a patch of land, that is why. The Viet Nam war proved one and only one thing to me, the 7th Cavalry, Special Forces, LRRP’s , The United States Marines, SEAL Teams and River Rats, were the bravest bunch of self sacrificing individuals I have ever had the privilege of knowing. It is an honor to have known a few and been involved with others.

As far as the rest of the questions, Wild Bill says it all in a nutshell. And the questions asked are too involved to ever be answered within the contents of a comment, that is impossible.

As far as the original Gulf War, if you can look into McNamara then you have to time to look into Powell, for he was the reason the first one stopped and in my opinion the reason for the second. Powell knew he screwed the pooch, he had demanded a cease in the hostilities when we were destroying every living thing on their road to Baghdad and the images hit the news services. Powell had a panic attack and called for Bush Sr. to end it immediately.

Since that moment in time Bush Sr. has taken the heat for not going on and the answers of the coalition falling apart if he had is now the common stock answer. Powell had the plans in place when GW asked and the rest is history.

The WMD, all you have to do is read, take a good look at Wild Bill’s comments and do a bit of research that will answer those questions. One thing you must bear in mind and one thing only, do not base anything; not one single feeling on any statement from the American media for you will only see misinformation, fabrication, outright lies and so forth. They thrive on it and always will. If you want the truth, go to the source, the men and women serving. They have blogs and they love to get email. They are unable to discuss their feelings or actions in the blog, but you will read the truths.

When an IED goes off in Iraq the people in the know are the men and women there, not the media. They will arrive on scene while there is still a bit of destruction, stick the camera up, film and run for cover. Do not think for a moment they were there.

In closing, if you want to go directly to the source and speak to an honest to God warrior incapable of blinking an eye at danger then visit Michael Yon online. Read his material, drop him a note and while you are there make a donation to the cause as he underwrites everything himself.

6 comments:

Kilroy_60 said...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm where to start?

Logically, the first place is here. I appreciate the fact that while we agree on some things and disagree on others that you are open-minded enough to link with me.

As I said in my July 4th posting, "Make America Purple", it is most common in this day and age that people not only gravitate to those who share their views; they tend to avoid people who disagree or pretend they do not exist.

I'm writing this comment from memory so I may not cover everything you have written.

While I have never served in the military, it is something that holds great interest for me. I have spoken at great length to vets from all branches of the military over the years who held the lowest to highest ranks. I have great respect and make a point of ensuring vets are aware of my appreciation.

As for Robert McNamara, I have read and I have listened to what he's had to say. I watched Vietnam as a child on television night after night and have watched program after program on The History Channel and every other cable station that airs stories on that war.

I have spent hours and hours at The Wall. It is a place where I feel I have left a bit of my soul.

There are things I could expound upon which have led me to this place - which I discuss above - but that is something I will not pursue. I take it that you and your readers will respect that decision.

The Highway Of Death, it turned out, was mostly bombed vehicles anad there were very few dead people. It was the image that caused the Administation of Bush I to want to turn tail and run. That's what I know and what I think. It was very understandable; their image was at stake. What I find most troubling about that - what I find impossible to dismiss - is that not doing what needed to be done then has us in this position we are in now.

I don't care what anyone says. I take a Ronald Reagan approach to this one. I take a George W. Bush approach to this one. I think what I think, I feel what I feel. It doesn't matter what anyone tells me, it doesn't matter what facts anyone can show me, it doesn't matter what perfectly logical arguments anyone can present, it doesn't matter what evidence can be provided and it doesn't matter what lessons of history anyone can offer me. The Administration of George W. Bush has fucked up in their approach to The War On Terror. Their execution of The War In iraq is shameful. They are sending young men and women to slaughter without providing them with what is necessary to complete the mission successfully in anything resembling a timely manner. The War On Terror is necessary; we have no choice other than to fight it. The Bush Administration is doing things day in and day out to hurt The United States of America. The Administration's foreign policy is WRONG. WRONG! WRONG!! WRONG!!! Meanwhile domestically we are more worried about Red/Blue than we are about America. What George W. Bush is doing to America because of this fucked up war he has chosen to drau us into and has made it impossible for us to escape from is WRONG!!!!.

That is what I think. That is what I feel. Nothing is going to make me think differently. I love this country and I hate what George W. Bush is doing to harm us at home and abroad. I hate what he is doing ot us in terms of relationships we are able to have. I wish the President Of The United States no harm. God knows that the next one in line would only be worse. I will say that the next one who steps into The Oval Office is going to have a mess to clean up that makes Hurrican Katrina look like a mud puddle.

God Bless America!

Anonymous said...

He knows not and knows he knows not: he is a child, teach him. He knows not and knows not that he knows not: he is a fool, shun him. He knows but he knows not he knows: he is asleep, awaken him. He knows and he knows he knows: he is a leader, follow him. --

Confucius

Wild Bill

Kilroy_60 said...

Your words, Wild Bill, speak well of George W. Bush. He should seek to understand. He should learn. He should lead. He is doing none of these things now.

My blog is open to you to write comments. There are numerous postings which I am sure will be of interest to you. It is illogical to me that we conduct a dialogue here. If you wish to dismiss my thoughts and feelings here that is your perogative. I wll not engage any further with discussion here.

Unknown said...

nike air max, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, replica watches, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, air max, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, longchamp, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike free, longchamp outlet, burberry, nike free, louboutin, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, michael kors, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet

Unknown said...

north face outlet, wedding dresses, longchamp, new balance, converse, gucci, hollister, chi flat iron, ghd, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, baseball bats, vans shoes, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, herve leger, bottega veneta, louboutin, north face outlet, nike trainers, asics running shoes, p90x workout, nike air max, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, nfl jerseys, vans, hollister, timberland boots, babyliss, hollister, ralph lauren, lancel, celine handbags, converse outlet, soccer jerseys, beats by dre, nike air max, insanity workout, mcm handbags, reebok shoes, ray ban, nike huarache, mont blanc, instyler, oakley, lululemon, iphone cases, nike roshe

Unknown said...

doudoune canada goose, bottes ugg, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, karen millen, replica watches, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, links of london, ugg boots uk, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, toms shoes, thomas sabo, moncler, swarovski crystal, pandora charms, louis vuitton, moncler