Saturday, September 16, 2006

Updates in my life

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

The past days that I was not blogging were mixed with periods of royal pain in the backside with moments of joy and happiness and I must add a few periods of sick and tired mixed in for good measure. All in all I am very happy they are over, but glad they occurred. I knoiw, contradiction in words, so let me explain.

I was scheduled for a mixed bag of medical tests that took close to a week to complete. The test themselves were not that bad, nor that invasive, all but one, but getting ready for them was the hard part. Besides fasting and all the other junk one has to do to insure our bodies are running as best as it can take a lot out of us. The tests were all completed and then the happiness began.

My brother, a fine man among men, the nicest, caring, giving human being in the earth, decided to upgrade my computer for me, now you can understand the accolades I bestowed upon him at the start of the paragraph. Not just any computer mind you, but in his words, one that the electric company will have to install a new power grid just so I can turn it on and he was not kidding.

I did not have much time to get ready for the new computer, just a few hours, but I managed to “burn baby burn” all the CD’s I had in the house, then purchase more to complete the task before the new one arrived.

It was all worth the work too, my new computer is a Dell with an Intel Pentium D Processor. Dell describes the processor as, The Intel® Pentium® D Processor features two full processing cores, delivering more computing resources and state-of-the-art technology you can count on”. The system has one Gigabyte of memory to back the processing power up and the speed is one that must be experienced to believe. My brother wanted to insure I have little problems seeing the screen so he included a 20 inch wide screen monitor too.

It is all packed with all the hardware one can want and I must confess that it was a total surprise. It also added at least three days to my return to the cyber world as it took that long to get all of my software and files installed and have the computer ready and waiting in the state I needed to do my thing.

Now that I have shared all of my happiness and the fact that my brother is a fine man I will get back to my normal mode and be back soon with all the ranting you have come to expect.

4 comments:

Papa Ray said...

Glad your back and in a great mood. Your ranting has been missed.

I'm sure that among your software, you have good security measures. I got blasted by a virus that my oldest Grandson downloaded and opened (without following the rules about scanning it with three different programs before opening it) and it took me all day to get my system cleaned up and back to normal.

He has been vindicated, he did all my chores this weekend, including mowing and weedeating as "remedial training".

Welcome back, see you later.

Papa Ray

Unknown said...

nike air max, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, prada outlet, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, louboutin outlet, ugg boots, replica watches, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, air max, chanel handbags, louboutin shoes, louis vuitton, longchamp, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike free, longchamp outlet, burberry, nike free, louboutin, louboutin pas cher, louis vuitton, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp, gucci outlet, uggs on sale, tiffany and co, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, ralph lauren pas cher, cheap oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, air jordan pas cher, jordan shoes, michael kors, nike roshe run, louis vuitton outlet

Unknown said...

north face outlet, wedding dresses, longchamp, new balance, converse, gucci, hollister, chi flat iron, ghd, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, baseball bats, vans shoes, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, herve leger, bottega veneta, louboutin, north face outlet, nike trainers, asics running shoes, p90x workout, nike air max, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, nfl jerseys, vans, hollister, timberland boots, babyliss, hollister, ralph lauren, lancel, celine handbags, converse outlet, soccer jerseys, beats by dre, nike air max, insanity workout, mcm handbags, reebok shoes, ray ban, nike huarache, mont blanc, instyler, oakley, lululemon, iphone cases, nike roshe

Unknown said...

doudoune canada goose, bottes ugg, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, karen millen, replica watches, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, links of london, ugg boots uk, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, toms shoes, thomas sabo, moncler, swarovski crystal, pandora charms, louis vuitton, moncler