Friday, September 01, 2006

New Posts and Photos

The Ranter
The Ranter

Quite a few posts here at the Rant from yesterday, still more to come and I just added three or four news articles fro Iraq over at The Ranter's news that Counts.

One very heartwarming article, Marine Medics Race Time To Save Local Girl caught my immediate attention. I posted it in the Iraq section and on the main page with all photos.

We are seeing very positive accomplishments from our troops combined with the Iraq military we have recently trained and implemented into new units. The primary problem with the news stemming from Iraq is we only see the bad and the ugly, never the good.

The news services are receiving the same exact feeds that you see posted at The Ranter's News that Counts, the problem is they do not feel good, heartwarming, uplifting stories make for better news coverage.

They want the deaths, the devastation, the friendly casualties, the problems emanating from the moral of our men and women and they will hone in one one article, blowing it totally out of proportion until it is the story of the week. That my friends, is network news and welcome to it.

When I thought about putting up a news blog I knew the additional work it would entail and really had a few days of thought over that. It is work and I have many additional stories, media and photos to still add. But, to me it is worth it, we are seeing the truth. I hide nothing and edit nothing.

Back to our regularly scheduled moments of insanity.