Saturday, September 30, 2006

We need to change things....

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter
The latest incident of a sexual nature with underage children, Rep. Mark Foley, of Florida exchanging raunchy e-mails with a teenage boy, a former congressional page leads me to question our present society.

Either we are experiencing a massive peak in pedophiles or we are paying more attention to what the average citizen is up too in the privacy of their own lives. It certainly appears that we are seeing more sexual attacks upon children than at any other time in our history.

As a police officer for most of my life, I experienced my share of juvenile investigations. I had a real problem with people entering sex with children and there were times I was under orders not to be near the arrest for fear I would attack the individual. Of course, this would have never occurred and the department was only trying to protect the suspect as well as my own career, but that was how severely it affected me at times.

It reached a highpoint when I was involved in a high profile investigation and it sickened me so badly I asked to be removed from the case as well as juvenile investigations altogether, returning to driving a patrol car brought some sanity back into my life. I much more preferred fighting crime then experiencing the dredge of humanity and I enjoyed the rest of my time.

Perhaps the answer is to create harder punishment for these disgusting aspects of society, even going as far as some countries and instituting the death penalty for sexual crimes against children. I for one am all for it and would vote on a law in a heartbeat.

We need stiffer punishment for child sex crimes instead of our “feel-good” let us train them, medicate them and send them into society as long as we create a sex crime database. Stupidity is thy name for this type of punishment, it does not work and now we see perverts filing litigation against cities attempting to ban them from moving in and winning!

I have often said that we try to resolve everything with a holding hands and skipping through the countryside doing good deeds for people and this will not work and will never work. Just ask John Walsh of America’s Most Wanted if he feels we have effective punishment for child sex offenders and be prepared for his answer and remember he once had a son named Adam.

6 comments:

Wild Bill said...

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF PC !!

Just like Charlie Daniels says "take em out in the swamp and tie em to a stump and let the alligators and the snakes take care of em" !!

But I like my version of JUSTICE better.. PUBLIC HANGINS .. The day after the Judge or Jury finds em GUILTY !! Not ten years from then..

My Daddy was a 2-term Texas Sherrif till he got sick and my Brother retired after 30 years in the PD, most spent in the Houston area..
We LIVED in the OLD JAIL here for over a year and my Mama cooked and I served the prisoners and kept the jail up and did the grocery shoppin..That was before I was 12 years old.. I was the first "dispatcher" this County had.. After school I would go to the S.O. and work the phone and radio for my Daddy.. I used to teach his new Deputies how to take and lift fingerprints.. So I've had a lot of experience with Law Enforcement.. On BOTH sides !!

One thang I KNOW for sure, is that MOST of these deviant dirtbags are NOT rehabilative.. At least not at the rate of current punishment..

The Old Ranter said...

I will tellya pard, not many can be made better. Jail is only finishing school for most of them, nothing more.

I have never met a prevert that was any better after jail, only worse. Medication does nothing and neither does castration, they proved that one. So, what is the choise? Hang em if they touch a child, simple logic.

Ranter

Wild Bill said...

And you caint ever tell who the dirtbags are or where they are gonna come from !!

http://www.kesq.com/global/story.asp?s=5478588

The Old Ranter said...

Hey Wild Bill, I know, people slip though the cracks from tiem to time and it is sad.
Ranter

Unknown said...

nike free run uk, michael kors, burberry outlet online, michael kors, hollister pas cher, coach outlet, ugg boots, ugg boots, nike air max, lacoste pas cher, abercrombie and fitch, converse pas cher, north face, kate spade handbags, vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, true religion jeans, ralph lauren uk, nike air max, tn pas cher, ray ban pas cher, north face, burberry, mulberry, michael kors outlet, lululemon, hermes, timberland, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, michael kors, air force, replica handbags, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet, oakley pas cher, true religion outlet, hollister, michael kors outlet, nike blazer, coach purses, nike roshe, nike air max, hogan, sac guess, true religion jeans, coach outlet, ray ban uk, michael kors outlet, michael kors

Unknown said...

doudoune canada goose, bottes ugg, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, karen millen, replica watches, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, links of london, ugg boots uk, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, toms shoes, thomas sabo, moncler, swarovski crystal, pandora charms, louis vuitton, moncler