Saturday, September 30, 2006

celebrity watchers, huh?

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

We tend to be a country of celebrity watchers, yep, the voyeurs of the land, that's us. Me, I could care less, I really don't care about Anna Nichole Smith, I hate Michael Jackson and very happy he is experiencing financial problems.

I mean, come on, the guy is spending 30 million bucks a year and has a zero income from preforming because no one wants to see a child molester sing in public. That is no one except in Southeast Asia where for some unknown reason Mr. Strange-man-with pasted-on-nose is now residing. I'll bet he has a few young children visiting his new home. I wonder if he installed another theme park to attract them.

Anna Nichole Smith, Ms. Boobs-a-lot herself, If the woman stood too close to a heating duct she would melt like the wicked witch of the west. I feel badly she lost her son, but when she sold the last pictures taken in the hospital for a half million bucks she stepped down about twenty stories in my books.

Movies I enjoy, I love watching them and look forward for new ones to be released, however the new crop leaves a lot to be desired. First, one talking animal movie a month is just too much. I mean, come on, when the children stop going to see them because they all look alike maybe it is time to make something different.

This is the time of the year we are inundated with just about every bad movie they can find because, well they just do it that way and always have.

Britney and company, that is another one that I am sick of hearing, reading, watching and listening to people talk about. I don't care if her boobs are real, I don't care about her phony marriage and I don't care about how many times she is pregnant. If she wants to spend her time in maternity clothes that is her problem, not the rest of the worlds. It is nice to see she has found something she is good at other then singing and growing boobs.

Paris Hilton, someone please give that chick a few million bucks to just go away. Maybe her latest adventure in reality, a DUI will do just that, but I am sure someway, somehow she will make money off of it.

The only things I do care about is that they do not cancel, The Unit, Mail Call, R. Lee Ermey rocks! Eureka, an absolutely great new show and a few others. Give me my History channel, Discovery, Sci-fi and the Military channel and I am a happy camper. Other than that I am a total news junkie.

I am sure some will ask why I know about these people when I could care less, well, they spoon feed this trash down my throat every time the television is on. Other than that I certainly do not go out of my way to learn about them.

Now, what did I do with that remote?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My lil'o town is so removed from society that we dont get TV by way of rabbit-ears or antenae, and I refuse to spend half my monthly income on Cable.. They used to offer me a deal for half price for several months as a trial sub. , but now I just tell em to "GET OUT OF MY YARD" !!

I used to like TV back when they had my fav Preacher on on Sunday mornins, but they dont hardly have any on anymore..

So now we have shelves of tapes and stacks of DVDs and even more in boxes in the shed.. The Kid is autistic and has just a few of her favs that she watches over and over, and the Mrs. makes her daily trip to the Library for free movies and to the Movie Shoppe for the latest releases.. Me, I just hang-out on the puter and listen to my Talk Radio and News and read the Paper.. Every now-and-then the Mrs. will talk me into watchin a Squint(Clint) Eastwood movie or John Wayne with em.. Sometimes the Kid feels bad and wants me to come in her room and lay on the bed so she can snuggle and take a nap on my shoulder and I'll watch Shrek or one of her "cute" movies while she naps.. Other than that, I'd rather sit on the front porch or by the picnic table and have a coldbeer and watch the World pass by !!
Only time I get excited about one of the New Breed of celebreties is when I hear that they have entertained the Troops or done somethin special for them, otherwise they are all just a bunch of pampered premadonnas !! BAH, TOOOEY !!

Wild Bill

Wild Bill said...

I LOVE IT, Ranter !! Thanks, but dont let it get away from you or be too much work.. I'll suffer with the hassle before I'll let it get you down, Buddy..

Wild Bill

The Old Ranter said...

My words too, but I confess, Cable TV, Cable Modem, Router and all, derned if I am not spoiled rotten.

I do get hired of hearing of the beautiful people moan and groan. Gee, wish I had problems like that.
Ranter

The Old Ranter said...

My pleasure Wild Bill,

As long as they play nice we can use it, I love it too, open exchange. I had problems with those thigs too.

Let's keep fingers crossed.
Ranter

Unknown said...

north face outlet, wedding dresses, longchamp, new balance, converse, gucci, hollister, chi flat iron, ghd, soccer shoes, ferragamo shoes, baseball bats, vans shoes, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, mac cosmetics, herve leger, bottega veneta, louboutin, north face outlet, nike trainers, asics running shoes, p90x workout, nike air max, birkin bag, jimmy choo shoes, nfl jerseys, vans, hollister, timberland boots, babyliss, hollister, ralph lauren, lancel, celine handbags, converse outlet, soccer jerseys, beats by dre, nike air max, insanity workout, mcm handbags, reebok shoes, ray ban, nike huarache, mont blanc, instyler, oakley, lululemon, iphone cases, nike roshe

Unknown said...

doudoune canada goose, bottes ugg, pandora charms, juicy couture outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, swarovski, supra shoes, canada goose, wedding dresses, moncler, canada goose, pandora jewelry, coach outlet, pandora jewelry, marc jacobs, karen millen, replica watches, moncler, canada goose, moncler, moncler, ugg pas cher, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, sac louis vuitton pas cher, louis vuitton, montre pas cher, canada goose, links of london, ugg boots uk, hollister, canada goose outlet, moncler, canada goose uk, juicy couture outlet, moncler outlet, toms shoes, thomas sabo, moncler, swarovski crystal, pandora charms, louis vuitton, moncler