Sunday, March 18, 2007

It will only get worse.

I have spent many years on the planet we call Earth and I must confess I have lived a rather fulfilling, active and at times exciting life. I have left our beautiful country as a young impressionable man, full of hope and patriotism crossing one ocean and a few years later return to the shores of the other ocean, a different person, filled with anger and rebellion that time eventually healed.

I have battled the enemy abroad and at home, when like many of my brothers I traded one uniform for the sudo-military comfort of the other. I have been witness to heartbreaks of history as well as advancements for humanity. All in all, I have often felt I have seen just about all that I could during my years on Earth.

Taking all of that into consideration, I have reached a point in my life where nothing much in the news scares me or actually turns my blood cold. That is until recently when reading of the insurgent’s constant use of Chlorine Gas.

The latest headlines of 350 Iraqi’s poisoned by Chlorine Gas created a sense of the foreboding headlines which will no doubt appear in the future. Today they are using Chlorine and trucks to disperse; tomorrow it could very well be anthrax or VX gas released into crowded cities.

The amazing aspect is the protestors and every politician seeing votes instead of men and women venting their frustration are creating this apocalyptic picture of doom by sending the wrong message to the enemy.

This enemy is far different from past wars, their vision is not to win, but to kill Americans and to wipe out our way of life, our financial, industrial, whatever ticks them off. They could care less how many of their own die in the process for they will go to paradise as a martyr. They do not take prisoners or hostages, they only wish to kill and destroy that which disagrees with them and their twisted outlook on the future.

Yet, the protestors and politicians feel if the troops are brought home, the hostilities will end, when the truth is far worse than they can imagine. Someone once said that American’s have a short memory, that we forget why we are at war when casualties begin to mount; we forget why we were forced to react in the first place.

Yes, this scares the hell out of me and I feel it will only become more frightening as time goes by.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a life well lived Ranter! Thanx for yer contribution to Truth, Justice, and the American Way!! You should be very proud......you did not shirk duty when the call came. Rose up when needed. To keep darkness at bay is really a lifelong pursuit....to have made a career of it is an additional sacrifice tht those of us not in service to our country or having ever served a police force can even imagine. All I can say is thank you thank you thank you.

I read the headlines of the doom and gloom tht is now (and more and worse to come) and thank God tht there are men of yer caliber willing to step up to the plate. Men whose intent is to leave the planet just a little better than they found it. And I know yer compassion was forged thru much personal pain. Cops and nurses have alot in common yu see---so I get it---and I just want to say thanx.

Americans have a short memory with this war because like the pix circulating on the net. "The marines are at war.....America is at the mall." unless you have a loved one serving or are in the military you really are not affected AT ALL. Our way of life continues to bump along....no sacrifice....and everyone with their own tiny tiny opinions.

I am waiting for the time, and feel it is within a matter of months or just a couple of years when the battle will be brought to our front door...already the news of terrorists trying to get jobs as school bus drivers here in the USA (and think of the things they at the high governing know tht they are not telling us)

ONLY when it is brought here to our shores will the majority of Americans wake and say "Oh hell no!!!"

Personally I never needed the weapons of mass destruction argument. The torture rooms, rape rooms, acid baths, etc, etc, is what did it for me. To think of someone being put alive through a meat grinder sent me over the top and is all the reason I need to send my only child over there. Good ppl of the world one day will be asked to stand and choose....the day is not yet here, just right around the corner.

Just waiting and watching for the future to unfold.

I KNOW what side I'm on.

And I won't back down! (in fact I find myself under my breath humming tht Tom Petty song quite frequently) Keep the hope alive!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ha. Very timely. After I just wrote the above I visited "radiopatriot.blogspot.com"

Go and read the article titled
"the long pole in the tent" from March 16, 2007.

Eye opening and it really makes ya think of what is to come.

The Old Ranter said...

Mamabear, as always you are the lone voice in the wilderness and your thoughts are right on.

It has always been hard for Americans to understand war, yet we are a warrior nation. Sort of a Huh? statement.
Ranter

SCEagle said...

Hi. If you'd like to read more along these lines, I'd like to invite you to my lil' blog... On Wings of Eagles.

We discuss this a little further...

Unknown said...

Mama Bear and Ranter,

Thanks for the mention!

Andrea Shea King
The Radio Patriot

The Old Ranter said...

I wanted to thank mamabear for th info on the link and tip to radiopatriot.blogspot.com
and the writer, Andrea Shea King very good stuff, I linked to added your blog to the friends, etc.

Freiends, we are all the people have, the lone voices in the wilderness, so to speak. Look at what is going on, we never learn from our mistakes.

Ranter

The Old Ranter said...

sc eagle, keep up the work, i have added your link to the friends, too.

Thanks to you and Andrea for new friends.

Ranter