Thursday, March 15, 2007

Where is the justice?

I have to say that at my age, I thought I have just about seen everything there was to see, combat, police work, big city life, you name it, I saw it. That is until this morning when I saw the face of evil, the devil in all his glory. As I looked at the photo I could not help notice the absence of horns or crimson skin. There were no glistening teeth, barred back in a perpetual threatening pose.

There was none of that, only a man in need of a shave, hair uncombed and wearing a t-shirt. His name was not Satin, or Beelzebub, but Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and he is truly evil.

He has willingly admitted to the deaths of so many people that one wonders if he is even serious, is it true that he can kill with so little remorse or regret? In a direct quote from the article, he stated, "I decapitated with my blessed right hand the head of the American Jew, Daniel Pearl, in the city of Karachi, Pakistan," Mohammed is quoted as saying in a transcript of a military hearing at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, released by the Pentagon.

I actually felt sick to my stomach reading those words, the thought that he could do that with no remorse to an innocent man was sickening. He confessed to masterminding and involvement in so many deaths of Americans and he still lives, breaths and apparently feels nothing.

We are living within a society of political correctness that does not permit our people to mistreat him in any manner. In fact, our religious beliefs welcome his right to practice his faith in any way he sees fit. Yet, his beliefs only desire the complete and total destruction of our way of life. Where is the justice in that equation?

I can well imagine the families of the thousands killed by his command or thoughts looking at his photo and asking the same questions as I am. Where is the justice, the yin for the yang, the cosmic end for the means he has placed into motion? The souls of thousands of people are calling in the wind for justice and our political correct way of life allows this scum to still inhale the same air as we do.

Where is the justice?

No comments: