Sunday, May 14, 2006

Supporting the President...

I feel with all of the constitutional rights violations I have been discussing and ranting about that I need to step back for one moment to make something perfectly clear.

I support President Bush in the war on terrorism and I openly agree with the majority of what he has been doing to combat this war. I do not agree with all of his actions and that is my right as a citizen.

I also feel had the NSA truly wished to test their new “social network analysis” techniques with a test-range of American’s recorded telephone conversations, the probability is very high that if asked, the majority of American’s would have consented to the action. This would have been something truly unique in the spy game, open – truth. Washington should learn from this instead of carrying on in spin-control business as usual.

Further, I do not agree whatsoever with the “Hate Bush”, Michael Moore, Fahrenheit 9/11 crowd running around in their constant “chicken little” mode screaming the sky is falling, calling for the impeachment of President Bush every time an incident occurs, including a loud Presidential belch. This is the same crowd still saying Ohio lied and Bush did not win the election. (Further proving you can say anything you want on the web)

I agree with the majority of news correspondents saying the President’s problem is he has surrounded himself with a staff of advisors constantly making wrong decisions and knowing this the President still relies on their advice. When in fact he should have sent them packing, telling them that great Texas saying “Don’t let the door hit you where Mother Nature split you”. This same comment applies to Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld too. The President should have accepted his resignation every moment he offered.

That is about it folks. I just wanted everyone to know that just because I am trying to champion individual rights does not necessarily mean I do not support the President, because I do.

No comments: