Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thief needed to landscape his house...

I absolutely love it when surfing the news services and from out of nowhere, you spot a headline that makes you exclaim, “What the hell!” aloud before you actually click on it to view the entire story. I always expect the outrageous, dual meaning headlines if I am surfing through the oddities of the day or the sexual innuendos that tend to scream out from some want-to-be news site just to make you click and read the link.

Of course, once you have loaded the page, well there you are, reading something that had nothing to do with the headline what so ever and you discover why they created a screaming sex headline, it was boring!

With all the ranting and raving off my mind, I can get down to what I had planned on writing about. Honestly, in this particular case, the story does relate to the headline, but the headline is what grabbed my attention. I guess the reporter who wrote the story could actually say their journalism degree was worth it, I could not give their name from the byline because the AP (Associated Press) felt it was not important enough to include with the news article.

Thief Steals Calif. Homeowner's Front Yard”, now try to tell me that headline did not at least get a “Huh?” from you. I realize that it had nothing to do with sex, nor was it even derogatory about some celebrity, but hey; sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. (By the way, experts agree that Sigmund Freud never even said that famous quote, a comedian in his stand up act used the phrase. Look at all the great tidbits of useless knowledge you learn here.

This particular incident took place in Adelanto, California, where a Mojave Desert homeowner came home to find their entire front law, which had just been professional landscaped hauled away by one determined thief. The culprit apparently was one determined person; taking all the fresh sod, plants and even the entire irrigation system. I can well imagine authorities investigating this incident, we can rule out CSI coming in, that is for sure.

Luckily, for the homeowner witnesses watched the event take place and watched as the thief, (we know this one cannot be referred to as a master thief) hauled the lawn, lock stock and barrel, to their own home. Witnesses contacted sheriff’s deputies who showed up and after investigation, took him to a nice soft cell where he never had to worry about a nice front yard again.
The Ranter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad this thief didn't steal our front lawn...then our landlord would have to put in a new one - hee hee! But I can't imagine crabgrass is top on anyone's landscaping list. *sigh*

Papa Ray said...

Great story, reminds me of several years ago, I watched a guy take a swing set from my neighbors back yard.

I wasn't thinking theft, as the swingset was not that new or that great.

But, my neighbor came over later and asked me if I had seen anyone in his backyard, taking the swingset.

I said yea, I had watched them take it apart and take it off. He was pissed because I didn't stop them. I said, "Hey- that piece of junk, I had no Idea anyone would even want it, let alone steal it."

And no, I didn't get a lisense plate number or even a good description of the thief.

Papa Ray