Saturday, May 13, 2006

Update to the NSA

I have to admit that I could care less if the NSA wants the calls of tens of millions of American citizens so they can use their social network analysis techniques, all I care about is their invasion upon our privacy. The interesting item contained within the link I added in the last sentence was one small sentence located towards the end of the article, and I quote, “social network analysis would appear to be powerless against criminals and terrorists who rely on a multitude of cell phones, payphones, calling cards and Internet cafes.

Here is my comment on this, did the NSA have any idea about that little tidbit of information when they told President Bush, “Gee Sir, we really need those records for the security of the country and we can tell you all the criminal and terrorists links in them, please can we have them?

So, with that quoted bit of information one would be lead to imagine the NSA will next be after cell phone records, transcriptions, oh, wait one moment, they already have those, what was I thinking of. How about Internet Messenger transcriptions, well, they have those too. Yes, I have a problem with all of this being done in the name of national security while the government feels the citizens will accept it in that manner of spin mode.

The article I linked to is very informative and goes into quite a bit of detail on just what the NSA is attempting to accomplish, stop by and read it.

No comments: