Thursday, June 22, 2006

Patriot explains the way it is

Note from The Ranter

This was posted by Patriot on ASP, (A Soldiers Perspective) and forwarded to me by CJ, believe me, if Patriot says it, it is the truth.
The Ranter

I wanted to share Patriot's post from ASP with you. I know I haven't written much lately nor sent any IED Roll-ups. I apologize. I've been VERY busy lately. Patriot called it "Untitled"

I can't title this post because I'm going to cover more than one topic (unless I get longwinded and forget the other topics).

The first one I want to tackle is the issue of missing soldiers. The discovery of our missing troops was both a blessing and a burden. Their untimely deaths are unfortunate. But, let me bring up some inconsistencies in the way this world is responding to these acts.

Last October, the world was up in arms over the "descration" of Taliban bodies in Afghanistan. According to an Australian journalist, soldiers had taunted the Taliban by burning the bodies to get them out in the open. The soldiers countered that the bodies stunk and were becoming a health hazard. Everyone was "offended" for and on behalf of the Muslims of the world. Everyone was calling for war crimes tribunals. Our own media was desecrating our soldiers, as usual. They were all accusatory and wondering why we didn't call an immediate halt to hostilities and bury the bodies, "as is customary" to the Muslims. The Australians were up in arms. The Europeans were up in arms. The Arabs were up in arms. Everyone jumped on the bandwagon to persecute our soldiers.

I have yet to hear ONE foreign nation's President, Prime Minister, King or ruler harshly criticizing the treatment of our brave troops. The Australians haven't openly condemned the acts. The Europeans haven't openly condemned the acts. AND THE ARABS HAVEN'T OPENLY CONDEMNED THE ACTS!!! Is the world saying that it's okay to capture our enemies, dismember them, stuff fallic body parts where they don't belong, and mangle the bodies beyond recognition but it's NOT OKAY to burn smelly, rotting corpses of already dead fighters? Cause if that's what the world is saying, we need to catch up. This just absolutely appalls me. I cannot begin to understand it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm glad they were found, but we're not done. We still have a missing soldier in this war. We CANNOT leave Iraq until SGT Matthew Maupin is found. We cannot stop praying for him and his family. We need to pray for ALL our missing in action from other wars as well. There are still 489 servicemen and women listed as MIA from Vietnam.

My second issue is WMD. For three years this countries left and liberal population has pounded into our heads that there are no WMDs. There are no WMDs. There are no WMDs. There are no WMDs. For three years this site has pounded
back about the stuff we HAVE found.

Now, there is even MORE information on WMDs. Declassified excerpts of an April report by the Army's National Ground Intelligence Center said the 500 weapons contained mustard and sarin nerve agents and were found in small unmaintained caches rather than large stockpiles. And I know exactly what the cowards are going to say about this: "Oh, but that's pre-1991," "Those aren't the WMDs Bush was talking about." They may not be the WMDs Bush was talking about, but they are WMDs. We're talking about Mustard and Sarin Nerve agents. Sarin is the exact same chemical used in the Tokyo Subway terrorist strike in March 2005 by the terrorist group Aum Shinrikyo (an extremist Budhist Hindu cult).

In that attack, 12 people were killed and more than 1000 injured. Those numbers should have been reversed, but the organization mixed the chemicals wrong and the agent was too heavy. It stayed low to the ground. But that was a coordinated attack that took place in five separate locations. Sarin isn't something to play around with and if Al Qaeda or some other terrorist state (Iraq) or entity got a hold of it, the effects would be disastrous. It doesn't matter how old or new the weapons were, it proved that Saddam indeed lied to our weapons inspectors in violation of the resolution agreed upon with the UN and thereby authorizing military force in itself. Code Pink, Murtha, Kerry and others can no longer claim that this is an illegal war (well, they couldn't before either since they voted to approve it to begin with).

The insurgents WANT these munitions. They may be old, but they're still effective. They will still kill and infect humans. I think it's funny how anonymous "intelligence officials" are coming out and saying that "Pre-Gulf War weapons did not pose a threat to any of our forces at that time." If that were the case, why did I don my chemical protective gear every time an artillery shell landed within a kilometer of me. Were these anonymous "intelligence officials" lying to me then….or now? They are the ones who told me I had to keep two sets of chemical suits on me at all times. They are the reasons I didn't change my clothes for more than two weeks straight for fear of a chemical attack. Now, all of the sudden, they "don't pose a threat" to me?! You've got to be kidding!!

Pennsylvania has redeemed itself of Murtha in my eyes. Sen. Rick Santorum of Pennsylvania and Rep. Peter Hoekstra of Michigan are coming forth with this information and telling the American people (FINALLY) that Saddam was a threat. Both Santorum and Hoekstra face re-election at a time when souring public opinion over the Iraq war has become a hurdle for Republicans in Congress. If they were in my district, I'd vote for them!!

As a final point, I wanted to talk about terrorism in this country. I'm sure everyone knows that the FBI arrested (or detained) seven individuals in Miami in connection with a terrorist plot to destroy several targets within this country. According to CNN, the arrests "culminated a months long undercover operation." Some of the people arrested were members of a radical Muslim group inside this country. At least one of the individuals had taken the "Al Qaeda oath."

Ladies and gentlemen, we caught these individuals because this administration is serious about defeating terrorism wherever it resides. Our law enforcement organizations are committed to searching, finding, and destroying extremism. We cannot cut and run, "cut and jog", or "cut and walk". We cannot cut and anything. We need to fight terrorism wherever it is until EVERY extremist is bruised, battered, and lying in their own pool of blood. I can't be any plainer, so I won't.

CJ

A Soldier's Perspective

www.soldiersperspective.us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the link. The number should be 12 killed and more than a 1000 injured. My bad. I've fixed it on ASP.