Friday, June 09, 2006

This and That..

Just a few comment on things this morning, sorry, no long–winded ranting today, first, on the London Times question I have received a few e-mails asking, yes, I mailed that piece the old fashion way - snail mail, I doubt it will ever be published, but who knows, they may point out a nut from across the ponds rantings.

Papa ray, a welcome site for sure to this blog, sent me a link on Dadmanly: the Wrong Target, a great piece on the London Times essay that was written as a follow up to the pictures. Okay, they do get the problem, too late for me to stop the letter, so I hope they still read it and decide never to do it again.

CJ, the man behind the great blog, A Soldier’s Perspective, and I might add a welcome added friend to my long life on this place we call Earth. I really have to get my butt in gear, take a drive, and visit him so we can talk over a few cups of coffee. Unfortunately, I have to wait on my eyes getting better to do that, the Doctor is not letting me behind a wheel right now with my eyes blurring out a few times a day, cannot blame him either.

CJ is in the midst of putting together a site dedicated to those fallen in the war in Iraq, to be called, They Have Names, not only my best goes out to him, but an offer of any help he needs, just call on me bud, even if it’s for leg work.

While I am on that subject, A Soldier’s Perspective has a great piece written by Patriot about the Democrats not being too happy that Bush has a little added wind to his sails, now that Zarqawi is dead and playing patty-cake with the Devil, some are even questioning why we killed Zarqawi.

That is the stupidest piece of pure horse-poo I have ever heard from their liberal mouths. Perhaps Ted Kennedy and his fellow members of the Washington “Hate anything Republican” club wanted us to send invitations to Zarqawi and bin Laden for an afternoon drink at the club to discuss things. Well, guess what, we did, we sent a 500 lb invitation courtesy of the United States Air Force, no reply needed, end of story.

Papa Ray, my brother in ranting and member of the great site, Redneck’s Revenge, sent me a great link from, American Citizen Soldier, on a piece he wrote, On Behalf of Ungrateful Nations, he really nails it on the head too. Here is a cut of it to wet your appetites,

If my wife and I ever decide to traverse the Old Country, I’ll be sure and pack a special bag for France, one containing all the necessary accoutrements to blend in seamlessly into le haute couture. Decked out in my Texan Lucchese cowboy boots, an oversized stars & stripes belt buckle, my NRA ballcap and a George W. Bush high-fiving Jesus t-shirt, I’ll gladly mortify my better half by munching on a quarter-pound…er…royale w/cheese while asking everyone in earshot for directions to the Paris Hilton from the rolled-down window of a rented Hummer H2."

"Excusay-moi, monseniors. But do y’all happen to speak German?""Non, monsieur. We do not.""Yer welcome!"


In my view, this is a most eloquent man and one I will be visiting daily from now on, thank you again Papa Ray.

That is about it for today, just had a few things I wanted to point out to everyone, talk to you all tomorrow.
The Ranter

No comments: