Monday, August 14, 2006

Here’s Ranter!

Greetings everyone, first, to answer the question of, where has my words of wit been these long last days? I have been flat on my back, knocked down cold with a case of pneumonia that fought every antibiotic administered to it with every fiber of its little germ-infested body. After what seemed to me as a lifetime of being sick and after various doses of three day pack antibiotics, five day packs, injections in places that are still sore as I type this my Doctor was able to locate an antibiotic that my body had not built a tolerance to and today I feel a bit more like me.

I was not quite prepared for what multiple doses of antibiotics would do to my aged body; sometimes the side effects are worse than the sickness. Therefore, I cannot promise I will be posting daily words of wit for a few more days, but I do promise that I will be back on track very soon.

So many world-changing events have occurred during my illness, in fact, so many that it is impossible to catch up with one or two paragraphs. As I am sitting here, cup of tea on my right and an iced water on my left, (Places that normally held multiple doses of caffeine enriched well-brewed coffee) I am listening to the Hezbollah claim victory over Israel after the cease-fire went into effect. I can only assume from this that in today’s age of GPS and unmanned bombers that victory in combat means coming out of it alive. As this news is, being broadcast the news pundits are already stating the cease-fire will never last and a quote from the Assyrian National News Agency discusses Olmert being tossed out as Prime Minister.

"If Olmert runs away now from the war he initiated, he will not be able to remain prime minister for even one more day. Chutzpah has its limits. You cannot lead an entire nation to war promising victory, produce humiliating defeat and remain in power. You cannot bury 120 Israelis in cemeteries, keep a million Israelis in shelters for a month, wear down deterrent power, bring the next war very close, and then say - oops, I made a mistake. That was not the intention." - Ari Shavit, Haaretz, August 11, 2006

We can only take the “wait and see” approach on what will now transpire in the Middle East, but one thing I do know is we must put some form of a stop to the mounting terrorism at all costs. This war was not initiated by the United States, Britton, or any of its citizens, but by an attack upon the very soul of freedom, the World Trade Center. Events in England these past few days have clearly demonstrated that the terrorists will not stop attacking, it is far from over, it will go on and it will kill more innocent people.

I wanted to discuss one more item that I have neglected the past week and that is email. I opened my mailer today for the first time in days and discovered 61 new messages, all of which are honest to goodness mail, not the spam of the day. Intermingled among the mail were multiple news feeds, alerts, breaking news, etc., that I subscribe to, but the majority is real mail.

I will attempt to get to each mail today as quickly as possible. Please do not think I have ignored anyone, nor will be ignoring.

The Ranter

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get to feeling better, my friend. Missed reading your stuff while you've been done.

Anonymous said...

Glad yer back Ranter, thought that maybe you (like me) tired of the rat race and went out to the back 40 to just breathe. Little did I know what a challenge "just breathe" would be for you. You were missed. Few extra prayers sent up "North" for ya, hope ya feel better soon!

Wild Bill said...

Get well soon my friend.. Have missed you you this passed week..

cary said...

I hope you are feeling better - I have been awol frmo my computer a while also, but not due to sickness.