Thursday, August 03, 2006

Too Bad - So Sad Murtha Hope you Loose

Congressman John Murtha Someone pinch me and see if I am dreaming, but is old Murtha appearing to stand down in his previous attack on our Marines in the Haditha incident? I happened upon one of my news alerts to an article on CNN online discussing one of the Marine defendants filing civil litigation against John Murtha for his outburst calling them cold-blooded murderers.

To paraphrase, the article states that Staff Sgt. Frank Wuterich has filed a lawsuit saying that Congressman John Murtha knowingly spread "false and malicious lies" about the Staff Sgt. and the other Marines on the various media outlets accusing them of intentionally killing the 24 Haditha civilians then covering the matter up.

According to court documents obtained by the reporting sources, they quote Murtha, an ex-Marine, as saying on CNN May 19: "There was an IED attack, it killed one Marine, and then they overreacted and killed a number of civilians without anybody firing at them." Murtha’s response, which is published in the article, is what led me to question if he is now backpedaling in an attempt to soften the entire incident.

I will quote the CNN report so that you may fully comprehend what I am referring to:

CNN Headline: Lawmaker says he doesn't blame staff sergeant for 'lashing out'

“In a response to the lawsuit, Murtha said in a written statement "I don't blame the staff sergeant for lashing out. When I spoke up about Haditha, my intention was to draw attention to the horrendous pressure put on our troops in Iraq and to the cover-up of the incident."

The troops are caught in 'a tragic dilemma,' Murtha said, and find themselves in a degrading situation, with civilian deaths totaling almost 14,000, a 60 percent unemployment in the country, and growing numbers of insurgents.

"This conflict cannot be won militarily. Our troops are caught in the middle of a civil war. It's well beyond the time to redeploy from Iraq," he said, reiterating his signature theme.”

If this is truly the case and yes, it is indeed true that Murtha has realized that in the vernacular of my military time, “He screwed the pooch big time” all I can say is, “Too bad, so sad, hope you loose Murtha.

The Ranter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he gets it big time!! I'm so glad that he's been slapped with a lawsuit!