Sunday, August 20, 2006

Rescue, Pure and Simple

Our old friend Wild Bill is a prophet or a soothsayer, his comments on the possible motive and purpose behind the Israeli raid being a rescue mission echoed my own sentiments yesterday when I first read the news of the incursion in Lebanon.

I may be old, antiquated and opinionated but when I was a young, full of lightning and thunder I have managed to get my wild on more than once, seen the door of a few planes and lived in Indian country trying my best to be a very small leaf when someone was close enough to see their two day old chin growth. I have also seen and experienced the opposite end of the spectrum, planning and equipping a foray into unknown areas for reasons that appeared sound at the time and later made us all mutter a collective, “Huh”.

I must add to this statement that my experience, or total lack thereof is of the old -school variety, “plan it, pack enough ammo and pray for forgiveness”, not today’s high-tech, “own the night,” “send a team into a mission with the ability to communicate with God the whole time”, I am digressing once again, either that or Alzheimer’s is setting in, but the fact remains, you don’t send in a highly trained Special Operations team your government invested a few million dollars and a few years into training and even more taxpayers bucks into equipping to take out a bridge. Not with today’s rocket technology that can fly a few hundred miles, knock on the door, wipe its feet then blow the hell out of its target before breakfast.

This was some form of a rescue mission, pure and simple and we will never know the truth because the Israeli LDF or the Mossad does not operate as our modern military. They don’t tell the media anything, period and if there were a media outlet in Tel Aviv with traitorous reporters printing all the state secrets behind a mission trying their very best to be the NY Times well, they would not be around much longer.

I do feel the mission had to be of a time sensitive high target value or high priority rescue for Israel to risk loosing their team, but as far as caring about the cease-fire, I stand by my original statements. Israel does not care for the media slant and they are going to continue doing as they please to demonstrate simply that they can.

Wild Bill made another statement I want to comment on as well and that is, “I truly believe that Olmert just sealed his fate!” That comment is something that good old Olmert can take to the bank or make sure his life insurance is paid up. Segue back to the 1972 Olympic Munich killings and try to name one of the terrorists involved that was alive a few years later after Israel put a secret operation called “The Sword of Gideon” into effect. Yes Wild Bill, I agree with you 100%, Olmert had better not make too many long-term plans.

The Ranter

No comments: