Saturday, August 26, 2006

It's a War for Pete's Sake!

The Ranter
The Ranter

I know that I have been on a war tangent lately, but let us be honest folks, what else is there? Well, I guess we could talk about Tom Cruise, he is always fun, or just about any of the Hollywood ‘Damn I’m beautiful, pamper me, spoil me, listen to me whine and oh two more things, I believe the WTC was imploded by the Israeli Mossad under direct orders by the CIA and an alien race came to earth at the dawn of time and began our human species.” On second thought, I think I would rather sit me the corner and stick pins and needles in my eye.

Back to our regularly scheduled moment of insanity leads me to an article that just caught my attention at the Star-Telegram, a local newspaper out of Fort Worth, TX. My RSS news feed reader displayed, “Israel may have broken secret weapons pact” which immediately peaked my interest and I surfed on over to visit Fort Worth. The article was an Associated Press feed written by, Lauren Frayer and discussed Israel’s use of cluster bombs within Lebanese cities during the war, which may have broken a secret U.S. and Israel pact on the use of these weapons.

The article states, “The State Department is investigating whether Israel's use of three types of American cluster munitions -- anti-personnel weapons that spray bomblets over a wide area -- violated secret agreements with the U.S. that restrict when such arms can be employed, The New York Times reported Friday.”

The article goes on to speculate that the Bush administration may be making this effort to sooth over Arab feelings resulting from his administration’s support of Israel. My comment to this is very simple, it is a war for Pete’s sake, bombs are dropped in a war and they were dropped within the city because that is where the Hezbollah were hiding among the people shooting hundreds of rockets into Israel. If civilians were casualties as a direct result of the cluster bombs then they were not the result of Israel. They were the result of the civilian’s good friends and neighbors, the Hezbollah. Oh and please allow me to reiterate, it is a war!

1 comment:

Wild Bill said...

I've been seein bits and pieces of where Olmert is replacin some of his Front Line Generals..
I'm just guessin here, but, I thank maybe they had a few of the upper staff that said "I dont give a damn if they are shootin missles from a daycare center, they just hit my Mama's house.. BOMB EM" !! Afterall, it aint no secret that the Generals and Olmert didnt see eye-to-eye on how they were fightin their war..