Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bombs and threats, the world is normal.

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

Thanks to all and to Wild Bill for those two great videos, I love the one on rocks that tore me up. I just had a bit of weakness. I am a bit better today. Sometimes things do tend to get to me, all the saber rattling and war cries from anyone and everyone and here we sit just trying to live the American dream and the world always blames it on us.

That has been the scenario since we founded this great country and I am sure it will continue long after we are all mere moments of thoughts just as it did to our ancestors. I am sure that Patton knew this was going to be the case, that we would suffer the world’s wrath, if not he would not have wanted to take out Russia when he had the chance. In retrospect, just think if Ike would have given Patton the resources and manpower to achieve what he desired.

We would never have experienced the cold war, Russia would have never stolen the bomb and perhaps the world would have been a bit different. But then again, Russia has never been beat from an opposing Army on their soil. Even when Napoleon was on his rampage, the Czar ordered everyone to abandon the capital and set it ablaze. Napoleon supposedly questioned what kind of people was this. It was probably better as history played out.

Along these same lines we are once again facing the possibility of a nuclear confrontation with North Korea and possible Iran, we will have to wait and see how this one plays out.

President Bush has warned North Korea in a speech made the day after its nuclear test, “that the United States has the will and the capability to meet the full range — and I underscore the full range — of its deterrent and security commitments to Japan” and Secretary of State Condoleez reaffirmed that pledge yesterday.

A nuclear race in Asia would be more than counter-productive; with tempers and dictators attitudes of grander, it would probably lead to a nuclear war. America would then step in with the full might of its nuclear arsenal and no doubt the rest of the world, well, just because they have nuclear weapons and do not want to be left out.

Armageddon, the end of days, who really knows how it would play out, personally, I am sick and tired of all the nonsense going on. The he said this, he said that and my bomb is bigger than your bomb. I would like to find some nice quite little spot in the world and rest until the whole thing is over. Of course, that would only make me a hermit, guess that would not be that bad.

As most of us, I managed to survive through the bomb race of the 1950 and 1960 era and was more than content not to have to do it again. I guess I was wrong, there are idiots born to each generation and with each generation; we have new power crazed dum-dums wanting to destroy mankind.

Gee, I just can’t wait for tomorrow to see what is next.

1 comment:

CHIC-HANDSOME said...

life just good