Sunday, October 01, 2006

Mocha Late, no sugar please.

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I was looking at the number of posts on the left side of the blog and noticed that this one is number 653, darn; I am either full of things to say or a lot of hot air. Not too bad for something I thought of doing one day long ago, openly complaining about things that ticked me off.

There are those days when I do not write anything, not that I am not feeling well, although that does occur from time to time. When it does, it is not from sickness or pain, but the fact that my eyes decided to mess with my mind all day.

In truth, that was a bad time for me as I had actually gone two weeks without vision, none, nada, all gone and I was not making peace with it too well. Thanks to modern science and great Doctors that was partially solved and things are better now.

Then there are those days that I really am unable to put logical thoughts down to the keyboard. No, not brain problems, writers block. I will have something on my mind, but darn if I can manage to put it into words without swearing like a sailor from the 1800’s so I do not write anything.

Our lives and minds are inundated daily with violence, attacks, illegal activities, drug running, illegal aliens, ad nauseam. Today I read that the FBI is concerned about an Osama – Sopranos link and my initial impression was, what the hell does HBO have to do with Osama! Then it struck me that the word Sopranos has now become a generic term for organized crime, much like Xerox a page in the copier.

Sometimes I feel we have become desensitized to violence and the trauma of everyday life in the world. That we tend to take it for granted, stop at Starbucks for coffee then go to work without a care in the world. The world is falling apart, oh well, Mocha Late, no sugar please.

We have people quoting the Bible and prophesying the Apocalypse is at hand, others saying things really did not occur as they did, smoke and mirrors that’s all. Houdini would have been proud. Oh, that reminds me I need to attend this years Halloween séance for Houdini. Yep, that is life today. Question everything and believe in the unknown, carry a crystal in your pocket to ward off evil yet 9/11 never occurred. What have we done to ourselves and I thank my crystal I am not part of it. (Smile)

Let us all hope that soon sanity returns to humanity, of course that will never happen, but it sure would be nice if it did.

4 comments:

Wild Bill said...

I'd be happy if them damn nuts would just stay away from me and leave me alone !! Now pass the sugar over here and show that crystal you got..

Anonymous said...

Glad your eyes are doing better!
If I had a nickel for every crystal carrying loo-loo I come across 'round here, I could afford to move away now.
I am surrounded!!
So, is your crystal clear or pink?
Mine's clear...

The Old Ranter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Old Ranter said...

Well, seems I did delete it without knowing. Hmm. Well, I was saying I once worked with a guy who carried lots of crystals and a medicine bag and no, he was not an Indian.

He was a red head, but I guess a new age wanta be.
Ranter