Monday, October 09, 2006

The Song, If I Die Before You Wake..

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

My normal morning routine consists of the morning medications for the tummy and lungs, a round of three different eye drops to take away my morning fuzzy and light sensitive vision, then turning on the coffee. The coffee pot and the magic elixir it brews to my exact proportions of fresh premium coffee I insist upon are a welcome sight to my fuzzy eyes and sore muscles in the morning.

There are those times that I do not begin to awaken to my maximum operational level of efficiency until way into the second pot. Yes, I love coffee, the stronger the better. Hey, I am an ex-police officer; need I say more on the coffee angle? (Smile)

While sipping my first cup of coffee I begin reading through my morning email, clicking on any links friends have sent to news articles and items they know I would be interested in, often containing links to cartoons and other hilarious items that are a welcome addition to my mornings, a good laugh just makes my day brighter. The only thing that can top that feeling is when someone you love and care deeply about tells you they love and need you first thing in the morning, it takes your breath away and are part of life’s magic morning moments that I cherish.

Imagine my surprise waking up quickly this morning, without the aid of that wonderful caffeine stimulant, COFFEE! (God Bless Juan Valdez and his pack mule) I confess this new event was not in response to a new cycle or change in my routine through the addition of IV drip caffeine therapy, (Hey! That just might work!)

Nevertheless, I awakened faster than normal after receiving and reading an email from a retired Air Force friend containing a link to a song by Dustin Evans, titled, "If I Die Before You Wake". The link was not only to the heartwarming song about someone serving in a war zone, but contained the lyrics and touching military graphics within the text immediately lifting me from normal zombie-like state to that of a proud American and veteran.

When the page loaded and the song began playing, I went through each line of lyrics in sync to the music, stopping only to view the graphic between the verses. It was very moving and the words brought many images of my own experience flashing into my mind’s eye placing me into another dimension of time and life.

I happily recommend that each one of you visit this site and read the lyrics while enjoying the song. It will have a different meaning to everyone, manifesting your own personal experience within your heart and I assure you that it is time well spent.

I do not have the webmaster, company, author or singer’s permission to display the lyrics and I have a steadfast rule of not displaying any copyrighted material without it, please, take a moment and visit the site to listen to the song, I assure you will not be disappointed.

Information on the song and lyrics:
"If I Die Before You Wake"
Sung by Distin Evans
Written by: Dustin Evans, Rick Tiger and Dave Brainard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Excellent. i love his deep rich voice. Have to pick up that CD. thanx for the tip.

Always such good stuff Ranter.