Saturday, October 21, 2006

My Complaint to CNN

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I have sent this complaint to each of the email addresses listed on the Contact Page and telephoned their office from the phone number I have published. I am not publishing this for any other reason than to demonstrate my disgust and outrage at their actions.

EMAIL and an open comment to CNN and REPORTERS:

I do not have any idea if you are affiliated with anyone in the decision to run footage of our service members being targeted and murdered by insurgents. The decision of CNN to broadcast this footage has passed the boundaries of journalism.

As a direct result of this footage each and every member of CNN are a disgrace to the news service industry and the men and women who have gone before you in this noble profession of journalism; Walter Cronkite, Edward R, Murrow and other professionals would hang their head in shame with the knowledge they are affiliated with you.

The recent footage CNN is broadcasting of snipers targeting and murdering our service members is the most obscene insult to the eyes and minds of the American people and the family members who have lost loved ones to these and other actions in the war on terrorism.

CNN has been a staple in our home since it first aired and I can assure you it will no longer be watched by any member of this house as well as anyone we are associated with. This I can guarantee as I have had conversations with more than thirty individuals, all of which are up in arms over this decision to air the footage.

I have written my disgust in my blog as well as sent over two hundred emails on this very subject to friends, associates and individuals I have come to know over the years.

CNN should hang their head in shame and collectively beg the forgiveness of the American people and the families of service members who have been victims to insurgent’s sniper attacks.

4 comments:

Papa Ray said...

I sent them an email also. Mine was not quite as professional and kind as yours, but I'm sure they got the drift of it.

But, it will not make them even flinch. What will make them flinch is if they start losing advertisers.

I sent emails to Home Depot, Sears, GM, Nissan, Ford and a few others. I don't know if it will do any good, but it didn't cost me anything but time.

Papa Ray

The Old Ranter said...

CNN could care less. I called and was only able to leave a voice mail. From now on it is Fox in my house, that and BBC.
Ranter

Naz said...

I'm with you on this 100% - never have I seen such a gross and blatant disregard for ethics as I've seen from CNN lately. Thanks for getting the word out- hopefully there will be enough outrage and calls to action that CNN is kicked out of Iraq altogether. You can read my rant over on:
sacredscoop.com

The Old Ranter said...

Howdy cottshop,
I read what you blogged, good stuff. We are all on the same lines here. I did not receive a reply from CNN, nor do I expect to.
Thanks
Ranter