Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I wanted to take this opportunity to extend a Happy Thanksgiving to all and hope everyone has a beautiful family day today.

These are trying times we are living within, political problems, military, a war and men and women losing their lives. However, through all of the adversity I am thankful this country remains, though a bit tattered, we are still the land of the free with freedom burning brightly.

On a personal note, I have many things to be thankful for, one of which is the friends I have made on the internet and one friend in my personal life that has constantly made a difference in my life. For 17 years, she is my muse, my mentor, my confidant and my closest friend and I am very thankful she is in my life, for without her, my personal spark would not be as bright. She has taught me to live in the moment, to feel this one breath that we have been blessed with and rejoice that we are alive. I have also learned that this one moment in time is my forever and I thank God for her very existence.

I think of my own family on this day. Though long gone into the history of time, they were good people and tried to raise their children to the best of their ability. I miss them and love them.

There is a tradition among us old war dogs on a holiday in my family to toast those no longer with us, as most of my friends from that era I have lost many. Once their names were on my mind and now they are on a wall, it does not seem fitting, I miss them.

Yes, I am older, wiser and thankful for friendship and family, thankful for life, for it is sacred and to be relished and savored like a fine wine each and every moment.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and God Bless.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You too Ranter. You and Wild Bill will never know how you have helped this family deal with the pain of having their son in a war zone. We needed and received yer support.

God bless you and yer friends from so long ago. Can't drink the toast tonite, have to work after dinner. Next one's for you.

Lots of love, Mamabear

MaryAnn said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Ranter.

The Old Ranter said...

Thank you so much. I just toasted yo.

Ranter

Kilroy_60 said...

Here's hoping it was a great holiday for you and your's. Much happiness to you, and good health. May you have even more for which to be thankful next year.