Friday, November 17, 2006

Now the security teams

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I want to know if it is true that the Iraqi army and police are backing the latest attacks upon our security teams as has been commented on in the news.

While lying in the hospital I was watching one of the local news channels and one of the talking heads referred to that exact statement. Where he obtained his information from while standing in the local television station is unknown to me and he did not add anything to the comment. His only wording was information was filtering out of Iraq that local army and police are not only aware of the present attacks; they were protecting the individuals involved. Bear in mind this was in reference to the attack upon the police station, which resulted in the deaths of 150 police officers.

If this practice is going on under the knowledge of U.S. and British forces then It would not surprise in me the least. Any Viet Nam veteran will attest to this same fact of the mode of life in that country, that and the constant threats from within on our own teams. Granted, times were different and war was different, but in my opinion, war never stops, it only goes on the road and the inhumanity of man will never change.

This is difficult to police and even more difficult to take control of, if the issue is presently taking place then the only thing the military can do is keep an eye and be aware of the individuals involved.

The latest attack upon security forces is a tragedy and frankly was an incident waiting to happen. What better way for the bad guys to make an issue then to take on security forces. This really did shock me when I first heard of it while flat on my back I the hospital because the quality of the security in country I Iraq is compared to that of our own military. However, incidents do occur, we can only hope our military and the British can take control of the situation and bring these boys home.

No comments: