Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oops, we did it again..

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

President Bush is in Jordan, searching for answers, al- Maliki running Iraq, oh, wait, forgot, he is hiding, avoiding President Bush because of that leaked memo, well, he was not running Iraq anyway, he is too worried about support of his own people and how it would look if the infidels stayed longer. At least he came out long enough to meet with Bush and they did manage to make face time.

They did make an important agreement; President Bush said Thursday that he and Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki agreed in high-stakes talks that Iraq should not be partitioned into separate, semiautonomous zones. After all, there is no civil war in Iraq, wait a minute, bad me, there is, well, as long as all the key political players say there is none then they people themselves can keep blowing each other to Kingdom Come and it is only insurrection. Love the political correctness of our new age.

Of course, we al know that we will “stay the course” in Iraq, President Bush has been telling us that for a long while now and I for one support his philosophy on that statement. I feel if we had stayed the course in Viet Nam, not pulled out leaving advisors and a poorly equipped military defending, it would have been a different outcome.

Well, we were going to stay the course, that is until the house changed, now, well, read for yourself: “The bipartisan Iraq Study Group reached a consensus on Wednesday on a final report that will call for a gradual pullback of the 15 American combat brigades now in Iraq but stop short of setting a firm timetable for their withdrawal, according to people familiar with the panel’s deliberations.”

I can well hear the words of my partner in crime, Wild Bill as he is reading this and the many other articles as I do each morning. I have been in a seething rage since awaking and it is only going to get worse. Our country is in Iraq, pure and simple, for whatever reasons, at this point in time, it does not matter the rationale behind the invasion should not even be questioned, we removed a madman and we are there. Let’s finish the job at hand and truly bring peace to these people, if not, our men and women have lost their lives for a venture in the wind and it is killing me to think that we did it again.

2 comments:

The Old Ranter said...

A Personal Note: I have noticed that I often have to go in and edit typos after posting, I am sorry, it is my blurred vision and all know the story and my fight, I know no one will fault me, but is does bother me a bit. So, should I miss any, sorry. I wish the word processor was a bit smarter, Microsoft tries, but they do miss a lot.
Ranter

Kilroy_60 said...

It's killing me as well, my friend, to know we're doing it again.

George W. Bush's contribution to the American arts scene: A memorial commemorating those who died in his war coming to every state.

There are times I want nothing more than to be wrong; I'm afraid this isn't going to be one of them. It is impossible to win the war in Iraq militarily; the only way to do what the President has described is through diplomacy. Unfortuantely, that is another area in which his Administration is inept.

Whatever arguments can be made to justify going, staying, doing what we have done as we have doen it - it was ill conceived, poorly planned and managed disgracefully. Meanwhile the bumblers are given medals by ol' Given that, Donald Rumsfeld will surely be getting a medal in a high profile ceremony soon!!