Saturday, November 25, 2006

The lady is about to sing....

The Ranter
The Views of The Ranter

I am going to share a personal story of a past friend of my Father’s which some may find difficult to read, as it involves torture and leads only to sadness. I understand fully should those that find it as such pass it by. After all, there is a war going on and one of the saddest comments to this particular war distinguishing it and setting it apart from the others, there is no such thing as a POW, only torture and death. I am bringing his story up to act as a reminder of the brutality our POW’s endured during the last wars.

My Father often took us to his friend’s home to visit; it was in a nice out of the way country spot. I always found it very difficult, as his friend never seemed quite right. He constantly shook and his whole body would twitch. My Father always told me it was from a wound from WWII. I did not question, I normally went off to find some neighbor boy to play with while my Parents visited.

Later in life, my Father told me the story of his friend. He had been captured along with others after an extensive battle for their lives, spending a few years in captivity of the Japanese being tortured, abused and often left for dead.

My Father had shared that his friend had made it back somehow, but he was not the same man as when he left, unable to raise his arms above his shoulders, the pads of his feet scarred beyond recognition as well as his back, arms and legs. Understandably, he was not able to cope with life in the real world, never able to sleep, always waiting for something that was no longer there and after all that he had went through, slowly drank himself to death at an early age. My Father has long passed and I have no recollections of where his friend served or in what branch, but I recall his constant shaking and my Fathers’ story quite vividly.

At the funeral, his father stood and said of his only son, that he had died during captivity; his soul had left an empty body behind just going through the motions and nothing more. No matter how he died, he was my Father’s friend and I can attest to the fact, he was his personal hero for what he had lived through.

Which leads me to question something, does making prisoners stand for long periods, sleep deprivation, playing music at full volume, having to sit in uncomfortably have anything in common whatsoever with the extended periods of depravation, torture, brutality and often death that our military has endured when captured?

Yahoo News has an article regarding outgoing Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld authorized the mistreatment of detainees and specifically states the supposed degree of mistreatment authorized. I have already mentioned them, but to make a point I will quote the article.

The handwritten signature was above his printed name and in the same handwriting in the margin was written: "Make sure this is accomplished,"" she told Saturday's El Pais.

"The methods consisted of making prisoners stand for long periods, sleep deprivation ... playing music at full volume, having to sit in uncomfortably ... Rumsfeld authorized these specific techniques."

Give me a break the intelligence level of this allegation alone lies somewhere between a dead fish and one getting ready to die. Where in the name of everything sacred does it state this degree of interrogation has anything to do whatsoever with true, brutal torture? Further, as far as I am concerned, if playing KISS at full volume to some prisoner while he stands for a few hours or misses a night or two sleep saves the life of one and I repeat, ONE American then play that funky music and play it loud!

This country is so far up its bleeding heart that it may not be able to ever see the sanity of what is right and what is wrong again. The political correctness of this nonsense has become to the point of making me search for a giant barf bag and searching quickly.

This is not cruelty, torture, brutality, or bordering anywhere near what true torture and abuse of a human being is, ask individuals who have been captured in Iraq. Oh, that is right; it is a difficult task for most of them have had their heads cut off very slowly and purposefully.

When will we ever learn what truly takes place in the world? The answer to that question is obvious, when too many people have died and our bleeding hearts have lost their families to terrorist’s attacks as well.

Perhaps then, they might not have a problem with their speakers screaming Garth Brooks and someone standing up for a long period and missing a night’s sleep. Either that or we can all just bend over between our legs and kiss our butt goodbye, for folks, the fat lady is singing soon.

8 comments:

Wild Bill said...

If what Rumsfeld gave the O.K. to is torture, then I have been goin thru torture for several years now !!

So, my neighbors are torturin me , then.. I just thought they were a bunch of sorry, good-for-nothin sunzabitchs..

They play somethin kinda like music as loud as they can, at all times of the day and nite, and force me to stand(on one leg) at the window to make sure their damn kids dont mistreat my dog, who is in her house on that side of my house.. But the kids run all thru mine and the neighbors yards throwin shit everywhere.. Not to mention the screechin and screamin bloody murder !!

And the New Year is comin up, and if it as usual, they will purchase a few thousand dollars worth of fireworks to blast off(illegally) at all times of the day and nite to go with the loud music and the drunkin fights that I have to seperate sometimes and the screamin and doin donuts in the Catholic Church parkin lot next door..

But didnt Rumsfeld also give the O.K. for those Catered Meals the tortured get ?? My damn neighbors never brang me nothin to eat !!

What those little wimps are callin torture is nothin us Vets dont go thru just to make an appointment at the VA Hospital !! And that aint even countin the pushin and shovin matches with the moochers cause you wouldnt give a gotdam cigarette !! And if you get meds at the pharmacy, you better hide the sack when you leave the hospital or you'll have a herd of crackheads tryin to steal or mooch em off you..

This aint nothin but a bunch of pussies talkin bout torture today.. Hell, what they call torture is mild to what a kid in my childhood would have gotten for cussin at the dinner table or in front of the preacher !!

Its a cryin-ass shame that they caint do today like Gen. Sherman did 150 years ago, and just shoot the sunzabitchs where they find em, or like Gen. Pershing did 100 years ago, and line the whole damn bunch up and have a firin squad and thro em in a hole and cover em with pigs blood..

How bout we take these damn dirtbags back to Iraq and The Stan and put em on "Chain Gangs" goin up and down the roads with picks and shovels lookin for the IED's that their gotdam buddies have planted ??

Torture my achin, one-legged, crippled ASS !! grumble grumble grumle grumble grumle grumble

Anonymous said...

I believe literally what you said about the man's soul leaving his body and coming back an empty shell. Horrible. I am so sorry to hear of it. I'm sure he has joined that part of himself that left during his torture. God bless his sacrifice--thank you for that story, I shall remember him in prayer and love.

Heard on the nooz bout the 9 ppl that were set fire to in Iraq. I cannot even try to wrap my mind around that thought.

Has the devil just been set loose on the planet? I hear the news sometimes and it makes me ashamed to be human. What kind of hate must one harbor to pour fuel on living ppl?

The Old Ranter said...

Wild Bill, we are SOOOOO on the same page. I went off like a skyrocket when I read that article. My nephews ran for their rooms and have not been seen since, in the event it was towards them. I lost it.

I cannot believe the bull crap and stupidity of people. What they hell do they think cops did back in the 60's before the great Miranda warning.

The whole thing, people, idiots, asses and everyone involved needs to take a damn happy pill, smoke something or sip one of their rare wines and go straight to hell with it.

I still cannot fathom the stupidity of people. I guess when we come across people trying their best to kill us, destroy our country, our lives and everything we are, we are to take them by the hand and skip through the countryside doing good deeds for our fellow people. All the while ONLY eating the grass, NEVER the meat and allowing all the animals of the world to overpopulate and kill the humans. I will think of them the next I am hunting.

I am totally off the edge of my sanity with this one. If I wrote what I wanted they would ban the damn blog through their censors.

Ranter

The Old Ranter said...

Mamaber, thanks your for the kind thoughts and words. My Father would have been honored.

He was always there for his friend and when I read that little tid bit on torture I went off.

Ranter

Anonymous said...

I am making a new resolution for New Years Eve. I am sooooo done with political correctness (idiotic group think) I wash my hands of the whole affair. I am now going to live bold and say what it is.

You know, we all try to get along, tow the even keel, don't rock the boat (cept for WB), think harmony love thoughts. blah. blah. blah.

I am so done with it starting this minute. Gonna live up to the "bear" part of the Mamabear.

I will now be brazen, bold, honest and forthright in all my dealings with humanity---not gonna bite my lip no more.

Like you I am sick to tears of it all. Ahhhhh, the wailing, the keening, the travail. Not on this end. Dead on point like a laser beam I will be. The tip-toeing ends now.

Saw the Fox news special called "Obsession, the threat of radical Islam" last nite at work. When the protesting radicals threw the US flag to the ground and then all tromped on it saying our country's laws protected them in their actions as they then picked it up and tore it to shreds I nearly stood up and screamed.

As we drove E back to the airport tonite I told my little Bear family that if I ever was in the vicinity of someone denigrating our flag in such a fashion it would take 8 very strong cops to tear my fingers (fangers-for WB) off the throats of those involved. It is high time for the individual to take charge. Arrest or not, I do not care.

And no, I do not want a federal law to protect the flag, I'll do it myself thank you very much.

They are using our good system against us. Using our own planes to kill us. Using our own media to kill us. Why can so few of us see this so clearly? Time to bust a move I reckon.

Individual Freedom Units speak up or forever lose yer peace.

Anonymous said...

Hard to know whether "the boy" (E) is more like me or vice-versa.

God help us all. woot.

Anonymous said...

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilent, the active, the brave."
Patrick Henry

Anonymous said...

Blizzard warnings were issued for parts of Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin as snow socked the states in tandem with wind gusts topping 45 miles (72 kilometers) per hour.
The storm -- 10 days sooner than the onset of winter -- took its greatest toll in Minnesota, where as much as two feet (61 centimeters) of snow had fallen in some locations, according to the Inhabitant Weather Appointment (NWS).
The splendour's largest big apple Minneapolis was subservient to a blanket of bloodless 17 inches (43 cm) broad, the worst snowfall to charge the big apple in more than 19 years and the fifth-biggest on record.
As an gauge of the thunder-shower's hardness, Minneapolis-St. Paul Ecumenical Airport -- a travel heart with know-how in contending with foetid seedy -- was screen down in return the gold medal one day in years.